Chapter 4

Salve, Romans! Thank you for your votes and comments on Rising Warrior. I really enjoy writing this story, but this chapter was quite sad for me. But you'll se why as you read...

Anyways, I hope you are enjoying the story. This series has become very special to me, and I am happy that I get to share it with you amazing people! Let me know what you think! Any comments or suggestions are welcome :)

This chapter's dedication does to elizabethcolon9400. Thanks for reading my stories, love! Make sure to check out her profile and perhaps make a new friend :)

Chapter 4

"I sense the fear in you, Proserpina."

Pluto stood tall over his betraying lover with taunting eyes.

"You are not worthy, Pluto. You never were!" she defended herself to the enemy.

Pluto took a large step back and studied her intently. He thought of all the ways she could suffer for her deceit. She watched as his lips curled upward into a wicked smirk.

"I loved you once, Proserpina." He spoke as he took another step backwards. "But you have broken the sacred bond that we shared."

Proserpina frowned.

"How can a monster love?" she retorted. "And how could I ever love a monster?"

Pluto growled deeply, showing signs of his hibernating wolf-a creature that had not been seen for thousands of years.

He was close to releasing the evil being, until Brutus came rushing through the doors.

"Sire," he respectfully acknowledged. "There is some rather urgent news that must be discussed."

Pluto snapped his head towards Brutus and growled, "What!"

Brutus carefully approached the God and kneeled.

"Your majesty, Saturn has refused to be released until the next blood moon."

He wasn't sure exactly if he heard his right hand man correctly, but the words were enough to turn his anger into pure rage.

"What do you mean?" he said rather calmly, but Brutus knew that it was just the calm before the storm.

"He believes that Olympus deserves a fair fight, and that the chosen one should have time to properly train before battle." He answered cautiously.

"Did you just say the chosen one?"

With a profound expression, thoughts of Proserpina and her punishment were soon forgotten.

"Yes, Sire."

"Do you mean to tell me, that he knows the identity of the chosen one?"

Brutus hesitated before quickly nodding. His eyes flickered briefly between Proserpina and the dangerous Lord.

"It seems that it is time to pay my father a visit in the deepest pits of Hell." Pluto spoke after a few contemplating minutes.

He turned to Proserpina and snarled, "Lock her up! I'll finish this conversation later."

Brutus handed Pluto his large black cloak and called for the Underworld steeds to approach the front gates.

As Pluto made his way through the obsidian castle, a group of soldiers marched obediently behind him. He remembered the day when he ordered his loyal minions to take down the plane of Naledi Amunet, following the directions of Mars. He knew she was the daughter of Jupiter, but his conquest to use her against his brother had failed.