12. Inhibitions

I couldn't explain the rush of excitement and fear I felt as I grabbed the microphone and went on stage to sing "Sweet Home Alabama". I had to admit, the bright spotlights helped. I could barely see anyone in the audience.

After about a minute into singing, I finally spotted Sean through the bright lights. He was at the bar and there was a woman talking to him. I could tell from his expression he wasn't into it.

I saw him walk towards me and she stopped him. My already bad feeling got worse when I saw her pull something from her purse. When Sean turned to look at me, she poured some kind of liquid in his glass.

I dropped the mic and quickly got off the stage. I pushed myself through the crowd, some urging me to back on stage and some laughing. I didn't give a fuck. I saw him start to lose his balance and she tried ushering him to the door. Like hell, I thought.

I made my way to the entrance, where a security guard was standing. "Sir, please you have to help me."

"What's the problem?" He asked in a bored tone. I'm sure he just thinks I'm drunk and hysterical.

I looked to my right and the blonde woman was pushing Sean my direction. "That woman there, she drugged his drink. I saw her form stage!"

"Ma'am, isn't it usually the other way around?"

"I'm telling you! Help me!" What the hell was this guy's problem?

The security guard rolled his eyes and started walking to Sean and the blonde. When we approached them, she looked up with panic clear in her eyes.

The officer looked to Sean with a frown, before looking back to the blonde. "Ma'am, I'm going to need you to step over here so I can talk to you."

"Lydia," Sean groaned. "Help---me. Please. Drugged me."

His eyes were barely open, but his voice was loud enough that the guard heard him. "Ma'am, you're going to need to come with me. We're going to give the police a call."

Backing away from Sean, she started getting hysterical. "It wasn't my idea! She asked me to do it!"

I was standing next to Sean now, after the blonde walked away, he started losing his balance. He was sweating as he leaned against me.

"Who asked you to do it?" The guard asked as he pulled out a phone to call the police.

"I don't know. Some girl outside asked me to come in and drug his drink. She gave me the roofies and two-thousand-dollars. I swear."

There was only one person who could have set this up. PSYCHO Amy. I couldn't worry about that right now. "Sir, I need to get him to his room and call a doctor. How can I get in touch with you?"

He handed me a piece of paper. "Write down your hotel and room number. An officer will contact you."

With the help of a bystander, I got Sean into a cab even though our hotel was close. He leaned his head against my shoulder with his eyes closed.

"Sean? Stay awake. Come on. We're almost there."

We finally made it up to his room and I helped him lay down on the bed. I called the concierge from the cab to have a doctor called. He arrived five minutes after we did.

I stood back while the doctor examined him.

"How long ago was this?" he asked.

"About thirty minutes ago."

The doctor took his blood pressure and examined his eyes before looking at me. "Well, it doesn't look like the attacker gave him very much of the drug. Stay with him overnight and make sure he drinks fluids. He might be in and out of consciousness and might not be his usual self." He pulled a card from his wallet. "If you get any concerns, call me."