Chapter 5

Sarah was great. She kept everything neat and tidy, was always willings to hang out, and she never mentioned hearing me cry myself to sleep the first night. 

We bonded over our shared love of the Midwest, though her love for Texas was definitely greater than mine for Kansas.

We had spent most of Saturday walking around campus, gawking at all the beautiful buildings and trying to find where our classes would be next week. We definitely didn't want to be those freshman who walked around with their student IDs on a lanyard and a map in their hands. 

We might have also been hoping to run into the hotties we had seen outside the Quad on move-in day. No luck yet. 

A group of sorority girls had walked past us and were talking loudly about heading to The Blarney Stone tonight. A quick Google search taught us that it was one of the popular bars near campus. I had a fake ID that said I was 22 from when we went on spring break to Gulf Shores earlier this year. It wasn't great, but I figured it would work at a college bar. 

Our room looked like a tornado had been through it, from all the clothes from discarded potential outfits all over the floor. I had decided on tight, high-waisted black skinny jeans with a grey cropped sweater. I straightened my blonde hair and pulled it over one shoulder. I kept my makeup natural except for a subtle, sexy smokey eye. 

Sarah wasn't sure about going since she didn't have a fake. Obtaining one ASAP was a top priority on her to-do list, however. 

She looked amazing in a navy corduroy skirt that buttoned up the front with a tight white sweater tucked in. Her long chestnut hair was softly curled and framed her angelic face perfectly.

"Are you sure I'll get in?" Sarah asked

"With you looking like that, all you'll have to do is bat your eyes and flirt a little with the bouncer and no way he doesn't let you in," I assured her. 

As we walked up to the bar, there was already a line. We waited anxiously for about twenty minutes until it was finally our turn at the door.

"IDs," The bouncer said gruffly, looking us both up and down and slightly smirking.

I held out my fake to him and tried to look older. He glanced from the ID to me and back at the piece of plastic. He chuckled. 

"Twenty-two? Yeah right, sweetheart. Come back when you're actually old enough," he smiled and handed me back the card. "NEXT," he yelled behind us. 

I immediately felt my face go red. I had not prepared for this. I turned around to leave before embarrassed tears came. 

"Tony! Hold up. They're with us," I heard someone shout from within the bar. I turned back around and locked eyes with the hottie from move-in day. He looked even more handsome coming to our rescue. He was dressed in dark jeans with a checked button up with a vest on top. He winked at me and I felt my heart flutter. 

"Come on, Lawson. You know they're too young," Tony replied.

"We invited them so you can't turn them away! Let them live a little, classes haven't even started yet. I'll owe you Tone," Hottie was trying to bargain while we still stood outside awkwardly. 

Sarah nudged me in the ribs and started fanning her face. I laughed. 

Tony reluctantly waved us in and as we got our hands stamped he said, "If you girls get caught, you snuck in, understand" We both nodded and hurried in giggling. 

Hottie led us to the bar and then turned to us with a smile that looked like trouble on his lips. 

"What can I get you guys to drink? First round is on me."

"I'll have a Coors Light bottle and she'll have a vodka soda with lime," I answered quickly, knowing Sarah would have no idea what she wanted to drink. 

He looked at me impressed and turned to the bartender to order. Sarah looked at me gratefully. I was feeling quite pleased with myself also. 

"So what do we owe you for getting us in here," I asked, trying to flirt a little. 

"Hmm.. not sure yet. I'll let you know," He answered with a wink. He placed his hand on the small of my back and guided me away from the bar and towards a booth in the back corner where the rest of his friends were. I grabbed Sarah's hand and pulled her with me. 

I recognized some of the guys as the others who were with him on move-in day. There were four girls also there who I had no idea who they were. It was hard to tell in the dark bar if the girls were actually old enough to be there or not. 

Hottie kept his hand on my back even after we got to the table and my insides were swimming. Sarah was already making conversation with another one of the guys. I glanced up at my hottie and somehow his smile seemed even brighter in the dim yellow lights. I pulled my eyes away and tipped the bottle to my lips, trying to look sexy and casual. 

"Not many girls would willingly choose to drink beer," he whispered in my ear.

"Midwest drink for a Midwest girl I guess," I replied, cringing even as the words came out of my mouth. 

"Your mouth looks so sexy around that bottle. Bet I know something else it would look sexy around...." He purred in my ear as his hand slid just a little lower on my back. 

I was surprised by his sudden dirty talk, but I couldn't help as my mind pictured what he was suggesting. 

"You're cute when you blush," He continued to gently assault my ear. 

"Is that what you want for getting us in here?" I barely whispered. Part of me hoped he said yes, the other part was begging that he said no. 

"How about you tell me your name instead," He pulled his lips from my ear and winked. 

"Ellie," I could barely get my own name out. What was this stranger doing to me. 

"Well Ellie, I'm Lawson. I remember seeing you on move-in day. Did you get all settled in?"

He obviously wasn't a freshman, so why had he been there on move-in day? 

"Yeah we did. You're obviously not a freshman, so what were you doing hanging around the Quad that day? Trying to seduce innocent young girls with your dirty talk?" I replied and he chuckled. 

I liked that I made him laugh. 

"My frat volunteers members to help the girls move in heavy things."

"I don't remember being asked if I needed any help..." I say, tilting my head to the side and looking into his eyes. They were such a deep green and they sparkled like emeralds when he laughed. I didn't want to look away. 

"You seemed like you were handling things yourself just fine," He laughs. 

"You know, come to think of it Ellie, there is something else you owe me for getting you and your girlfriend into the bar tonight" He says mischievously while locking my eyes onto his. 

Oh God. What was he going to ask me for? Money? Sex? Sarah? My palms became sweaty as the possibilities slammed through my mind. 

"Tell me," I managed to get out nonchalantly.

"A kiss," and he started to angle his head down to mine. I couldn't help but stare at his lips. They were full and looked so soft. I bet he was an amazing kisser. 

I  slightly angled my head up, ready to meet his when I felt him get pulled away abruptly.

My heart sank, and until that second I hadn't realized how much I had wanted him to kiss me.