25: Letters from Father to Son

Vic walks over to me, sitting at the couch, and sits next to me. I turn and rest my legs on top of his lap. 

"I feel like I haven't spent time with you in a while," I mumble, pressing my face against his shirt. He laughs and wraps both arms around my waist.

"I know how you feel. I guess it's because more stuff is happening nowadays," he sighs. I nod. He kisses my neck softly. I feel something like sparks go through my body as I let out a soft sigh. 

I pull away before going to attack his lips. He gasps in surprise. I smile against his lips and place a hand on the side of his neck, my thumb brushing against his jaw. 

I pull away and he stares at me. I kiss his neck and he gasps again. 

"You're just full of surprises today huh-" he stops suddenly when a boom echoes through the apartment. I pull away and stare at the door. He grabs a gun and pushes me behind him. 

"Vic, what was that?" I ask softly. He shrugs and steps closer to the door. He grabs the doorknob. 

"I need you to stand against this wall," he touches the wall behind the door with his gun. "Stand still and wait until I tell you it's safe," he turns to look at me. I nod and stand with my back against the wall, turning my head to watch him.

He throws the door open and raises his gun. I watch as he walks outside, looks around and walks back in. "It's okay," he says, putting his gun away. He kneels down and picks up an ivory envelope. 

He looks up at me. I stare it and he turns it around. On the envelope, is a neatly written name. Placed with black ink and in cursive. 

Bostwick

He stands back up and walks in, locking the door behind us. "I'm not going to open it yet, because we don't know what's inside," he speaks, walking over to the table, placing the letter on it. He grabs his phone and calls Andy. 

"We got a letter. Yes, just like the ones you got. Same handwriting, but instead of your name, it says Bostwick." 

I watch as Vic glances at the envelope while talking to Andy. "No, we haven't opened it yet. I'll send pictures first. Should I send it for testing?" 

Vic nods and puts his phone away. "Alright, so I'm going to send this down to see if anyone can get a fingerprint. For now, I guess we should just wait and see. They'll have it back in a few hours, and then we can open it." 

He drops it into a ziplock bag and closes the bag. "So," he turns to me. "Where were we?" He glides over to me and places both hands on my hips. He leans in closer, pressing his lips to my neck. 

And of course, just then, there's a knock on the door. I groan and Vic sighs. "Later," he whispers and walks over to the door. He holds his gun, and opens the door. 

"Hey, watch where you point that thing!" Awsten slaps Vic's hand with the gun in it. He grins at me and runs over to me, picking me up off the ground and spinning me around. "I missed you, you little half-baked potato." 

I laugh and he puts me down. I glance at Vic, who just rolls his eyes, a little twinkle of humor in his eyes. 

"So, here's the letter," he hands Andy the letter. Andy knocks and pockets it in his jacket. "Can I talk to you for a second?" Vic asks. Andy nods and they walk out of the apartment. 

Awsten turns to me. "To be completely honest, Quinn. I haven't had a friend in a while. I think you're pretty cool," he winks and gives me finger guns. 

I let out a soft laugh. "So... I may or may not have overheard you talking to Andy-"

"I know," he cuts me off, laughing. "I heard you. Y'aint as quiet as you think," he smiles. "To be honest, I kind of wanted you to hear. Kind of. I mean, not everything, but yeah." 

"Wait, so you and Andy?" I raise an eyebrow and tilt my head. 

He nods. "Yeah. It was bound to happen, I guess. We've kind of been together, but not really. It's kind of confusing at the moment, it's like- we have feelings for each other, but because of the circumstances that we're always under, we never get the chance to actually do anything about it." 

"I guess I understand that..." I shrug. "So, what do you like about him?" I ask- not in a condescending way, but as an actual question. 

He gives me a blank look, obviously thinking for words. "I-" he sighs. "He's good to me," he smiles at his feet. "Like, he kind of- he makes me into this goddamn stuttering mess, first of all," he groans, looking at me. "Okay, he's just- he makes me feel something. He was the first to make me feel something other than gloomy doom day when everyone around me just uh- you know." 

I nod understandingly. "You don't have to talk about if it, you don't want to," I speak gently. 

"I know," he smiles. "Andy makes me feel special. Like, every time I look at him, I just want to grab him and hold him forever. He makes me nervous and excited and happy all at the same time." 

I nod and smile to myself. Those two are so in love... I ship it so much. 

He nudges my shoulder, and I look up to see Vic and Andy come back in. I walk over stand next to Vic. He wraps an arm around my waist. 

Andy and Awsten share a glance. 

"I ship you two more than I ship Josh and Debby." Awsten snickers. Andy laughs. Vic glares at Awsten. 

"Hey, no one ships those two," Vic mumbles. 

"Fine, I ship you two more than I ship Alex and Jack," Awsten taunts. 

"Wait- as in my friends, Alex and Jack?" I exclaim. Awsten laughs and nods. "What- How do you even-"

"I stalked y'all for like three weeks. And I read all of their files. I even know that Alex's man-parts sits to the left." 

"What the fuck?" I shout. Vic just laughs next to me, obviously enjoying this. 

I turn my head to look at Vic. He turns to stare back at me. He pecks my lips. 

"Alright, I better go before this escalates into really hot porn," Awsten gestures at us. "Have fun!" He rushes out the door. Andy smiles at us before walking off. 

"USE PROTECTION!" Awsten shouts before slamming the door shut.