Jaddu's SOS call

Jinks' dance had scarred Jaddu so badly that he needed several hours before his heartbeat returned to normal again, and then he realised that something had to be done.

So he took out his phone and made a call, and was finally able to sleep at 6 in the morning.

"Jaddu! Jaddu!"

He was shaken awake by Rohit some time later, and woke up with a terrible shock.

"Our match starts in an hour, Jad!" cried Rohit.

"You're waking me up?" asked Jaddu. "You're waking me up? You're waking anyone up?"

Rohit groaned and pulled Jaddu up violently.

"I would have left you sleeping here, but I don't want to go to the stadium with Jinks and Virat. They make me feel depressed," said Rohit miserably.

"Don't worry, Ro," said Jaddu with a wide grin. "I'm calling someone to investigate."

"Pro investigator from Jamnagar?" asked Rohit.

"Exactly," said Jaddu wickedly.

"Now come on, the bus will leave without us!"

As Jaddu soon realised, Rohit had taken the bother of waking him up only so that he could constantly bug him about Virat and Jinks, all through the bus journey and in the dugout as Jinks and Ash were batting.

India bundled Bangladesh out easily that day once and in the process, Rohit got more and more jittery standing in the slips with two aliens.

After the day's play ended and they came back, Rohit still wouldn't give Jaddu a moment's peace. They were perched on the windowsill, and Rohit was whining, "I can't live with these two anymore, Jad, I really, really can't..."

"Listen," broke in Jaddu.

"...if they don't become normal soon..." continued Rohit, clearly not having heard Jaddu speak at all.

"Listen!" said Jaddu forcefully.

Rohit listened.

"You love Virat, right?"

"Yes."

"You love Jinks too, right?"

"Um... yes?"

"And they interchanged among themselves, right?"

Rohit sniffed.

"So what's your problem? Can't you still love both of them?"

"No," wailed Rohit. "I want Vi as Vi and Jinks as Jinks!"

"God, you're stubborn," said Jaddu.

____________

In the meantime, Kuldeep and Yuzi were lounging around in Kuldeep's room, and Yuzi, who was near the window, suddenly saw a white shape running up the road at top speed towards their hotel.

"Kul--" he began.

And then recognised him and yelled at the top of his voice, "PHENOL!!"