Chapter 26: Arrival

We eventually reached the base of a mountain. We were greeted by a forest and a hidden path that Kazuki showed us. He told us that there weren't many wild animals here. We reached halfway up the mountain, when we took a break.

Obi found a river and we filtered the water through coats. Once everyone had rested, including the horses, we started to travel again. "It should take us another three hours," Zen mentioned.

"But it only took us two hours to get halfway," Obi whined. "The second half is steeper and we have to be careful," Mitsuhide told Obi. Obi sighed.

We had kept walking and the air was starting to get thin. It didn't seem to faze Kazuki, but everyone else looked tired. "We're near the village. It should take us about ten minutes," Kazuki told us.

Ten minute passed, we saw the village. It was small, it had a couple of huts, a main house, and a huge fire. "Everyone here eats dinner together since we only keep our belongings and sleep in our huts," Kazuki told us.

We reached the village. "I'll be right back. Stay here, please," Kazuki said. He came back with a middle age man. He looked at me and his eyes glowed up.

"Shirayuki!" He shouted in excitement. The man ran up to me and surrounded me in a hug. His arms wrapped around me. It was warm and comfortable. "Shirayuki! It's so nice to meet you after all of those years." My eyes glowed. He's... my father.

He stopped hugging me after a while. "I should tell you that your dad is the chief here," Kazuki mentioned. Zen and the rest of them were talking to each other and some of the villagers.

Dad told me a little bit about the village. "Any questions?" He asked. I had one big question.

"Where is my mother?"

His eyes became dark. He turned his smile into a frown. "Your mother...?" He asked. I nodded my head. "Your mother..."

I end chapter. Goodbye