25

One Week Later

Eva walked out of the main door. Rush was leaning against his car while talking to somebody.

He had promised to take her out on a date today. It was nearly six o'clock in the evening.

The past week had gone in a jiffy. With the unpacking of her things and most of the time, getting thoroughly fucked by the werewolf whose appetite for sex seemed to be unending, the days had been spent so fast that she had not even realized when the week ended.

Thankfully, she had not have to bear crossing a specific werewolf who should not be named in her presence.

She was not afraid of facing him. She just did not want things for her to get awkward so soon. She still needed time to adjust.

As soon as Rush saw her walking out in a tight, ankle length jeans and a cold shoulder, red top, he bid goodbye to the person and jogged towards her.

"You look ravishing." He said as soon as he was near her and bent down to kiss her.

"You will say this even when I am wearing nothing but a rag." She giggled.

"I would love to see you in a rag too." He mischievously winked as he walked her to the car with his arm around her waist, "the rag torn from just the right places and you in a dishevelled state."

She laughed out loud and her head dropped down in shyness.

Life seemed to be getting better. Even though there was a permanent scar covering her heart now.

*****

Liam's POV

I watched from a distance as Eva got inside the car with Rush and drove away. Rush's eyes had met mine for a few seconds. Being a werewolf, his strong senses had alerted him of my presence.

But he did not say anything and I was thankful for it. Even if it was not about letting me have a moment of peace from seeing both of them. Even if it was because Rush did not want to ruin his personal time with Eva, he did not want to ruin her mood, I was glad that he did not confront me.

I did not have any answers. I did not have any strength.

I had chosen my path. I did not know why. I did not know how. I could not understand that from where I got enough power to leave my mate bond with Eva and marry Aster.

It was done now. I could not do anything about it.

But I could not touch Aster. No matter how alluring she looked, how much desire she tried to arouse in me. Everything was of no use because I could not get attracted to her. I could not even look at her.

The only face that kept roaming in front of my eyes was of Eva. 

My distance from her was killing me slowly. I could not tell my pain to anybody. I could not talk to anyone about it. Not even my own brother.

I had gotten everything. I had gotten the alpha position.

But in the process of gaining everything, I had lost my own life.

I had lost the love of my life.

The sight of Rush and Eva together, happy and smiling without me while I was burning from inside piece by piece angered me.

Why were they happy and I was not? I was the one who had made the choice. I was the one who had decided on the thing that was most important to me - the Alpha title.

Then why even after I had gotten everything that I ever desired, even after fulfilling my every wish I wanted to turn back and change my choices?

*****

Aster's POV

"Liam is not ready to consummate our marriage." I stated. I stared out of the big wall sized window to the unending jungle.

There was nothing to see actually. Just line and lines of trees and some pack members doing their daily chores outside their own homes.

It was peaceful. But the chaos inside me was like a raging fire lifting its head, ready to strike and burn everything that came into my sight.

"Did not you use your dirty trickery?" My father, alpha of this pack, Mason commented without any shock or remorse in his voice.

"I did everything." I turned around but did not look him in the eyes. Instead stared beyond him like he was invisible to me, 

"I stood naked in front of him but his eyes never showed any attraction. I touched him but he did not make a move. I even dropped down on my knees to suck his cock but he pushed me off himself and walked away."

My father stood up from his chair and walked to me. He bent down his head threateningly and hissed like a poisonous snake about to strike,

"Do not forget Aster that you are a born whore just like your mother!" 

He grabbed my chin in his palm harshly and muttered through clenched teeth,

"She was a born hoe. I do not know why the moon goddess decided to mate me with a fucking dirty succubus, but I did not have any choice at that time. And then you were born the same fucking way! Just as ugly and as dirty."

His face suddenly dropped in my neck to inhale deeply. I shuddered in fright and disgust.

"This is a good thing that you are born with a part of me." he whispered while his lips trailed down to the nape of my neck,

"This is a good thing that you are a half werewolf and half succubus. I would never have been able to hide your identity from the world if you had born like your mother. A complete fucking cocksucking whore."

I clenched my fist in anger and gulped down the fright that filled my mouth like iron in the blood. I was hearing these words from birth. I was constantly butchered by my father's palm, each day, every second, just like this.

"But you smell like her." he sighed. I literally feel him shudder upon the touch of my skin against his lips. "You smell like her. Your skin.. your skin also taste like hers."

I gulped in fear. Not again.

I had been going through this torture from the age of nine. Just a year later than the death of my mom.

It was pain that filled me every time he touched me. It was anxiety and fear that slipped inside my veins and slithered to my heart bit by bit like poison.

"I.. I," I started speaking. Wishing and praying that any excuse, any fucking reason would help me get out of the presence of the monster standing in front of me. 

"I did my best. I swear."

"Then you must not have done enough." He snapped and grabbed my shoulders in a harsh grip while in the process, tearing down the leather jacket that I was wearing, exposing my upper body completely to the chilled air of the room except for the part that the bra was covering.

He continued,

"And now, I am once again having to show you, without my damn will, how to be a fucking whore to a man. I have taught you this thousand of times." 
I started backing away, frightened.

"But you never seem to learn." he said, and attacked me.