the holiday party

The party came quick Jacob's home was decorated beautifully trees lined the walls of the rooms candles were lit and the smell of cinnamon was everywhere. I was standing at Jacob's side when I heard a familiar voice and my heart felt like it stopped, Travis and my father, I touched Jacob's shoulder " they can't see me they will try to take me back" I duct behind jacob and faced away as they walked up to him my father shook his hand and apologized again for the circumstances of their last conversation and that Travis had come with him to get away from the grief of loosing me at that Jacob reached out and grabbed my arm and pulled me face to face with my father he gasped and went pale Travis looked green when my father looked at him, I was the only one to speak " we all need to talk now " Jacob agreed and walked with my hand in his to his study he helped me sit and turned to face the other men as they shut the door jacob broke the silence " sir as you can see your daughter is not dead and is close to delivering her child " my father walked to me and wrapped his arms around me as he squeezed I cried out in pain he let go quickly and in a panic began to ask what's wrong... Travis's eyes shown fire when I tried to stand and was helped to my feet I looked at him and then got Jacob to help me un lace the top few strings on the back of my dress ... when my father saw the scars he turned on Travis. He stepped toe to toe with Travis " You tried to what beat her to death, she may have belong to you but she is still my child and this is ... my father froze looked at Jacob and I and then back a Travis. With out warning he punched Travis hard enough to nock him to the ground and walked away from the man. He came to stand at my side as Jacob carefully tied the laces of my dress back . Father took my hand , who is the father of this child you carry? Jacob's hand went to my belly " I am sir and I know I deserve to be scolded and many other things I ask for first your forgiveness and secondly the honor to make your daughter my wife. " father looked stunned , " I should've guessed you two would have had something for each other ... and I would expect nothing less as she is carrying your child. Jacob smiled, and thanked my father all this time though Travis was receiving from his seat on the ground. He suddenly stood and charged at first I thought at the two men , to late though realizing it was me he was after he had me pinned to the bookshelves along the back wall a hand around my neck. .......