Chapter 25.

Disclaimer: I do not own Twilight, it belongs to Stephanie Meyer. I only own Kaylee, her mother, and Ashley.

Kaylee was lying in Jacob's small bed, smiling at his sleeping face. She had stayed the night with him the previous night and he had yet to wake up. He was holding her body tightly against his own muscular body, and as much as she loved to cuddle with Jacob, the heat was beginning to be a bit much. She gently tried to pry her sweaty arm out of his grasp, but he refused to let her go. "Jacob, its hottttt..." She desperately whined, trying to pull away.

"Just stay with me." He moaned, holding her tighter. Kaylee sighed, knowing that trying to fight would be a waste of time. He groaned and stretched, making his bones and joints pop. She smiled at him as he yawned and rubbed his beautiful brown eyes. "Now I can't sleep." He complained.

He hasn't been sleeping much, that Kaylee knew. The pack was always on patrol, stuck between watching for new vampires and waiting on Bella's baby to arrive. Which could be any day now, no one knew for sure when it would happen.  So add patrolling, attending doctor's appointments with Kaylee, trying to spend time with her, and work, he was slowly driving himself to exhaustion.

Kaylee had attended a doctor's appointment to check her fertility a few days before, and she didn't tell Jacob. She was already worried that he had too much on his mind, and this would really bum him out if he knew why she was going. She was still awaiting my test results, and she would be getting the phone call any moment. She had bought herself a cheap cell phone so that she could keep in contact with Jacob while he was away, and her mom could text her when she needed to.

"Is everything okay? You keep checking your phone." Jacob asked, and Kaylee decided that she should go ahead and tell him. The guilt was slowly gnawing at her insides, and she knew that she couldn't keep it a secret for too long. 

"Well, you know that I went to the doctor the other day. I went to get checked to see if I was still fertile. They say that chemo can affect a woman's fertility, and I wanted to make sure I was okay." Kaylee told him, and she saw his adam's apple move as he swallowed. The nervousness was obvious on his face, and the guilt in her stomach worsened. 

"They didn't tell you anything yet?" He asked, his voice quiet. Kaylee shook her head. She felt the tears building up behind her eyes. This was hard. Not only was her body always exhausted, nauseous, and slowly falling apart, now she had to worry about her future with Jacob. What if she couldn't have children, and it tore them apart?  It was hands down the most anxiety she's ever had. Jacob sighed and kissed the top of her head. "It'll be okay." He muttered into her thinning hair. His voice was noticeably cracking with emotion. The room filled with the loud ringing of her new cell phone, and Kaylee reached out for it quickly.

"It's the doctor." She told him, and he nodded his head in response, gesturing for her to answer it. "Hello? Yes, this is Kaylee. Uh huh. Yes, yes, I understand. Thank you so much." She sighed, hanging up the phone. It was a very quick call. Jacob looked at Kaylee nervously, and she gave him a smile. "They said that I was fine, and that I'm still fertile." 

The grin on Jacob's face was huge, and he tackled Kaylee into a tight hug. He captured her lips with his own, pulling her body in closer to his. Their bodies were molded together, his warm lips massaging against hers. His rough, calloused hands rubbed small circles against the exposed skin on her hips from where her shirt had slid up. 

He laid down flat on his back, pulling her slim body on top of his. Kaylee giggled, rubbing her hands over his beautifully defined stomach. She felt his muscles twitch under the touch of her cold finger tips. She pulled herself away from his lips, making him pout, but his pout disappeared when she straddled his hips. She could feel his growing erection under her, and she slowly ground her lower half against his. A low moan escaped from between his lips, and it sent a rush of heat through Kaylee's veins. A loud, shrill ringtone broke the two apart, but this time it was Jacob's phone.

He groaned and reached for it, plucking it off of the table. "What? Wait, Seth, slow down? What do you mean the baby is coming? Bella's baby? Okay, okay, we're on the way!" He hung up the phone quickly and looked at Kaylee. "We need to go. Bella's having her baby."

 Their previous actions were all but forgotten at this time, as a panic had set in. How would Bella be able to survive this labor? They knew little to nothing about this baby, including how her body would react to a tiny vampire ripping its way out of her uterus. 

Jacob ran out of the backdoor to his small family home, and quickly stripped out of his clothes. "We're going to run there, it's the quickest way." He tossed his clothes to Kaylee, who barely caught them in her trembling fingers. She held onto them tightly as Jacob quickly shifted into the rust colored wolf that she's grown to love, and she grabbed fistfuls of fur as she climbed onto his back. 

He took off, his long legs taking great strides as he ran. The trees were just a blur to Kaylee's eyes, and she closed her eyes, trying to fight back the anxiousness and nausea that was building in her gut. Goosebumps covered her arms from the chill in the air. 

His paws skidded to a halt in front of the Cullen's house, and he quickly shifted back to his human form once Kaylee was safely on the ground. He slipped into his shorts and ran into the house, with Kaylee right behind him. 

They could hear Bella's screams from the porch.