𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐈 ; 𝐂𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐌𝐈𝐓𝐎𝐒𝐈𝐒.

CHAPTER I ―

CELLS OF MITOSIS!

CELLS OF MITOSIS!

Forks High School was nothing like La Push, Cassidy concluded. There were three different schools, you had your Elementary, Middle School and High School in Forks. At the Rez, there was only one school and all the grades were in the school. It wasn't exactly the biggest and there really should be a separate school built for the high schoolers, at least... but that's what Cass had grown up with. It was also the reason why she was booted over to Forks High School.

La Push High School had run out of room and instead of putting a few younger children over to Forks High, where they would adapt easier or maybe even building another school, they sent three students out of each grade to go over to Forks High School. It was ridiculous. She was only in Grade 11, just such a short time away from being a Senior and being able to graduate from High School and she wanted that to be with her brother and all her friends. Not with some random, rich folks from Forks.

Instead, here she was, standing in front of Forks High School steps, staring at the boring, grey building. It honestly looked like a prison with all the fences and how it was built. She pursed her lips. This was going to be her new life for the next two years. She felt someone run into her and almost shove her to the ground, the air forced out of her lungs as she caught herself. Cassidy glared at the girl that just sneered at her and walked away with a scoff. What a wonderful way to start off. See, Dad? Cass thought to herself, I'm already making friends.

...

The corridors were full of other students, Cassidy saw as she walked into the school. She expected more people to stare, but apparently she wasn't that important.

"Cassidy Black, right?" The brunette's head turned to see a boy, who looked about her age, an eager smile on his face. She nodded with a grimace of a smile. His smile seemed to get brighter, Cassidy didn't think that was possible. "I'm Eric, the eyes and ears of this school. Anything you need, tour guide, lunch date, shoulder to cry on?" It was all in one breathe. It definitely amused her.

"Uh, no," she could practically see the enthusiasm leave his eyes, and for a split second, she almost felt bad. "but thanks."

The boy, Eric, nodded. "Well, can I help you find your class?" He tried leaning closer to her, trying to get a look at her schedule in her hands, but Cassidy stepped back, shoving her schedule in her shoulder bag, defensively.