Chapter 6

"Stop screaming!" A strong voice said.

I quit struggling and gave up screaming. My throat ached and my muscles were sore from struggling. I couldn't get a good look of where we were, the man just kept dragging me deeper and deeper into the woods.

I kicked out one last time, to try and catch him off guard. I grunted in surprise as my foot came in contact with his sheen, he suddenly dropped me and cursed.

I took my chance and got on my feet, taking off in a sprint towards the direction I thought we came from.

"Not so fast." The man called out as he took off after me.

I screamed and kept sprinting. This felt awfully like déjà vu.

The man gripped my jacket and put his foot in front of mine, causing me to trip and fall on my face.

He picked me up by my hair and dragged me towards what looked like a metal tornado shelter in the ground. I must have ran in the direction he was taking me. Opening it up he threw me inside, jumping in after.

Closing the metal door, I sat in darkness. Shivering and crying silently. He had tied my hands behind my back and I could feel it digging in my skin. I could hear his footsteps advancing towards me. I cringed when I could smell his breath right in front of me.

I heard wood strike something then a bright light lit up both of our faces. He lit the match on a lantern he was holding near my face.

Throwing the match to the side he smiled at me, brown sharp teeth in place of white ones.

I turned my face away from his, a tear sliding down my face.

The man swiped it and chuckled as he sat back in a metal chair, "So tell me, Annora Donna Guerriero. Who are you really?"

I gave him an incredulous look, what in the world does he mean? I'm not some supernatural.

"Last time I checked I'm human." I spat out.

The man chuckled, "You've got a pretty name. What it is?"

"Italian." I mumbled, "My ancestors came from Italy."

"Yes, but do you know what your name means?"

I shrugged, "I never really thought about it."

"Honorable Woman Warrior."

"What?" I asked looking up at him.

"That's an English translation of your name, dear."

I raised my eyebrows at him, "So? What's it mean to you. My mom likes italian names and she reads myths a lot."

"So I've learned."

I met his eyes, "How do you know my mom?"

"Let's just say...when she was going; her last words were 'honorable woman warrior.' She kept repeating it actually."

I froze, more tears stinging my eyes, "Her last words?" I chocked.

"Your father's too, 'our savior hunter' I have yet to figure out who that is."

I burst into tears then, "My parents went out of town! They wrote me a note!" I screamed, not wanting to believe it.

"Ah. But did you really read the note?" He began picking at his fingernails, as if this is his day job.

I played in my mind the moment I read the note. Everything looked normal yet not.

He slapped my cheek lightly to get me to look at him. I gave him the best glare I could without falling apart.

"The notes handwriting was not any of your parents. It belonged to my shadow."

I gave him a frightened look.He's a serial killer, he's crazy.

The man motioned behind him. I barley caught it but in the corner of the cellar directly behind the man was a black figure.

"He's quiet good at his job. Had a problem catching you though. If that werewolf wouldn't have saved you that night you'd be with me...or dead."

Freight hit me then. I started scooting backwards. Covering my ears with my hands I began to scream, "What do you want with me!" I was stopped by the cold metal wall. Curling up in a ball I began to rock back and forth.

From my peripheral vision I saw his shadow move towards him, leaning over the man, as if whispering in his ear.

I caught a glimpse of fear run across my kidnappers face, our terror. Looking up at the sound of metal scraping metal, the man stood making his way towards me. He grabbed a fistful of my hair, "Someone's coming for you. Someone more powerful than us. I will find you. I will."

His shadow consumed him with his cloak and then they were gone, leaving me in the cell by myself. It was then that I heard leaves tussling from above and a low growl emitting from something.

I scooted back towards the wall. Curling in my ball again. I heard the metal door screech open and cried out in fear, closing my eyes.

I could feel a presence bending down towards me.

Someone grabbed my shoulder. A shiver ran down my spine at the touch.

Someone grabbed my chin and brought my face towards there's. I felt a sense if security at the touch, a warmth spreading through me.

"C-Chase?"