1. Suffering in Silence

(Y/N)'s POV

"(Y/N), Natsu just proposed! Isn't it great?"

I was shocked to hear the news. Lucy Heartfilia and Natsu Dragneel have been together for several months, and to be honest, I really didn't expect them to last this long.

"That is really great! I can't wait for the wedding." Lucy reached her around me for a hug. After she was satisfied with the hug, she let go.

"I can't wait to tell them!"

"Well don't wait on me, go tell them." I didn't need to tell her twice. She ran right into town to spread the news. After she was out of my site, I slumped my shoulders. The rest of her friends were dabbling in their own relationships, but it didn't hit me till I heard the word "proposed."

Looking back, I never took the time to find someone for myself. I was always too busy getting myself set up in town, trying to make a name for myself. A while down the road, I gave up waiting for a special someone long ago. That's when I was hoping to maybe start something with one of my friends, but, as always, I was too slow. But, someone would turn up for me. There is always someone for each person.

Right?

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

One by one, all of my friends found stable relationships. I was still looking for someone to fill that space in my heart. But, that had to wait when I attended Lucy and Natsu's wedding.

It wasn't anything over the top. Then again, Lucy wasn't some sort of princess. The ceremony was still like one out of a fairy tale (no pun intended). After the ceremony, we all went to the reception. It was arranged in the Fairy Tail guild, so I knew it was going to be good. Even Mavis and Zeref themselves attended it. However, I ended up sitting at the bar...alone. All the other members brought along dates.

However, I was just wanting this day to be over. There was always comfort for me at the bottom of my glass. Even though I was feeling down, I made sure I didn't bring anyone down with me. That would be selfish, especially at a wedding.

The DJ then asked for everyone to clear off the floor so the bride and groom could have a dance. I didn't turn around. It would only make it feel worse.

If only there was someone special for me...

It has been a month since the wedding. They seemed pretty happy together. Juvia got engaged to Gray. It was a match made in heaven. I remembered when she was squealing with excitement all over the town as soon as she put the ring on.

The other couples were getting closer as well. Gajeel was spending time with Levy, as they were reading and talking with each other. Gray and Juvia were constantly hanging out (which was strange considering that Gray acts more of a tsundere around her), Erza and Jellal were training with each other, and even Mirajane and Laxus were working at the Fairy Tail guild bar.

I was still alone on the sidelines, watching everyone's life take a turn for the better. Life was never easy on me. I ended up going through the motions just to get through the day: wake up, eat, work, come home, eat, sleep.

This was my life, and how I wish it would change.

The time finally came for me to go ready for Gray and Juvia's wedding. I really didn't want to go through another one, but I was one of Juvia's close friends. She would have be devastated if I didn't show up, and it wasn't like me to stand in the way of other's happiness. Even if it harmed mine.

The wedding was party themed...big surprise~. The actual ceremony didn't last too long. However, the reception was a different story.

Any time cut out of the actual wedding was put into one of the greatest receptions ever. I still found myself sitting alone while the rest of my friends have a good time. Either way, they were having a blast.