8

Alex's POV

"Dad." My voice comes out in barely a whisper.

I feel Ethan's arms go around me, pulling me behind him.

"If you know what's best for you, you will leave right now," Ethan's voice comes out bitter. I've never heard him like that before.

My dad points a finger at him, "You don't tell me what to do, you've already destroyed our family." 

"I didn't do anything." 

"Well, then if you didn't do anything tell him about Jack." 

I look between him and my father. Who's Jack? Ethan's eyes go wide at the name. 

"Tell him why you moved here in the first place." 

"How do you even know about that?" Ethan's voice comes out in a whisper. 

"That doesn't matter, but I won't let you do anything like that to Alex. I may not accept him being gay but I will not let my son be used." 

I grab Ethan's shoulder. "What does he mean, Ethan? Tell me what's going on." 

Ethan doesn't answer me instead he just glares at my dad. I can tell that he's clenching his jaw tightly. I shake Ethan roughly, "tell me what the fuck is going on!" 

"If you're not going to do it, I will," my dad's voice has a warning to it. 

Ethan looks over at me. I could tell that he was having a hard time getting the words out. What could he possibly be hiding? 

"It was just a stupid bet from my old friends. It wasn't supposed to escalate this far." 

I find myself backing up as he desperately grabs for my hand. 

"I didn't mean to fall in love with you. They dared me to find you and well you know," his eyes plead with me to forgive him. "I don't know how they found you, but they did and they told me if I couldn't take someone's virginity there then I had to do it somewhere else. I'm guessing they found you on Instagram or something." 

"This doesn't make any sense. Your parents...." 

"They don't know anything about the bet, I basically begged them to move here. Please, Alex, forgive me. I didn't mean to fall in love with you. I was just going to do it with you and then that was supposed to be it." 

He grabbed my hand but I jerked it away. "No, don't you dare fucking touch me. YOU FUCKING USED ME!" 

Tears fell from my face as my hand went up to my mouth. I wanted to puke, I had done it with him and it was all just part of his plan. The Ethan I was staring at was a stranger, I didn't know Ethan at all. 

"Come on, son, we're leaving," my dad motions for me to go. 

"No," I tell him. "No matter how much I hate Ethan right now, I hate you even more." 

He seems taken aback by my harsh words. 

"He isn't good for you," my dad argues, "this is your last chance to come home with us." 

"No." 

My dad looks like he wants to strangle me but holds himself back. He gives one more look at Ethan then walks away with my mom trailing behind him. 

"Alex," Ethan's voice comes out in a whisper. 

I hold up a hand, "Don't. Once we're at your house I'm done, you can go back to your pathetic old friends and tell them how much you loved fucking me." My words came out harsher and louder than I had expected. 

Ethan took a step back at my words. "I'm sorry." 

"Well next time you want to mess with someone's feelings make sure they don't fall in love with you," I spit back. 

His eyes widen. "you love me?" 

"Loved," I glare at him, "Past-tense." 

"Well, you boys ready?" His parents walk up to us, his dad with an armful of bags. 

"Yeah," Ethan grumbles. 

She looks back and forth between us, obviously sensing something wrong. For a minute, I think she wanted to ask but decided against it. The car ride back was miserable. Ethan had scooted over to the other side of the car and I fought back tears. Once we were back home, I jumped out of the car. 

I hugged his mom and thanked her for the clothes. She gave me a smile, leaving me with Ethan. He looked uncomfortable as he stood there on the sidewalk beside me. 

"Alex," he speaks first. 

I look over at him, unable to see the same Ethan I slept with last night. 

"I am so sorry for what I did. I know it was stupid and I should have never used you like that, but I had no plan to fall in love with you." 

"Well, a lot of things you don't expect to happen happens," I say. 

"Please forgive me, I will do anything." He pleads with me, his hands out in front of him as if he was surrendering to me. 

I looked him straight in the eyes, "Get out of my life. I don't want to ever speak to you again." 

His eyes fall to the ground and I can see tears falling down his cheeks. I so badly want to kiss him right now and forget about what happened, but the pain of him using me is greater than the want. My brain tells me to leave before I go back on my word. 

As I walk away, I can feel my heart break into a million pieces for the second time, and the tears start rolling down my face. My feet start picking up the speed and soon I'm running as the tears flow. 

Ethan Walker used me for a dare. No matter how badly I believed that he would be there for me, he wouldn't and that's why my love for him was just a numb feeling now. 

*Wow, that chapter was a lot and I feel like everything just fell apart. Let me know what you all think. Do you think they will work this out? Let me know in the comments or message me personally. I might be able to help you with your questions ;)*