11

Ethan's POV

"YOU DID WHAT!"

I was suddenly regretting telling my parents what I did to Alex. As I explained what exactly happened, my parents' eyes kept getting wider. Once I was finished, I wiped my sweaty palms on my blue jeans, looking at my parents with a nervous expression.

"I didn't mean for it to go so far," I told them for the fifth time that night.

My mother put a hand up to her mouth like she was about to puke while my dad just sat there stunned.

"But you let it go that far, Ethan," my dad suddenly said.

I hung my head at the truth in his words. "I know, and I don't know what to do."

"Well, for one if Alex ever comes back to you, you better get on your fucking knees and worship him." My dad's sudden harshness took me by surprise.

All I could do is nod.

"Out of all the people on this planet, we never thought that you would be capable of such things," his words cut right through my heart.

The look of that same pure disgust that I had become all too familiar with was on his face when I braved a look at him.

"I'm sorry," I choked out.

"Tomorrow you will go to Alex and get all of this sorted out," he glared at me, "that doesn't mean go to him and apologize over and over again, I mean fucking beg for his forgiveness."

I just nodded.

----------

The next day.....

I was dreading confronting Alex in school today. My motivation to get dressed was ruined as I slipped a white shirt over my head. I know that I should be wanting to beg for his forgiveness, but the actual thought of doing it just made me sick to my stomach. I never was the one for begging, so I don't know how I'm going to do this.

I take my time eating my breakfast, my parents noticing how slow I was taking.

"Ethan you're going to be late for class," my mother warned me.

I looked up at the clock on the stove. The bright numbers staring back at me. Five minutes is all I have until the first period. I looked down at my bowl of cereal, if only I could just take the past couple of days away.

"Ethan!" My mother was now yelling at me.

I closed my eyes, letting out a groan. "Fine," I grumbled as I grabbed my bag from the chair beside me.

Just as I was about to leave the house my phone started ringing like crazy. I looked down at the unfamiliar number, pressing the ignore button. I am in no mood for scammers.

"I swear Ethan if you do not get your butt out of this house, I am going to skin you alive," my mother's voice declared from the kitchen.

"I'm going!" I yell at her.

The cold blast of air makes me want to shrink back into the warm house, but thinking better of it. I'd rather be suffering in the cold air then be in the same house with two lunatics.

I moved my backpack closer to my body, hoping it'll heat me right up. It does slightly but not enough to keep my teeth from chattering like crazy.

A huge group of students was huddled outside the school's entrance, looking kind of suspicious. I looked over at them trying to see what the heck they were up to. A couple of them turned their heads towards me, shooting hateful stares at me. I gave them a small smile before muttering to myself.