Chapter 11: The Truth, Gone

Sam's Point Of View:

"That's why I have these scars, Sam." Colby whispered, referring to the scars that littered his back. "I never had a fun life before this. It was all abuse and harm." He said again, the pain evident in his words. "He'd drink on the daily, smoke drugs and play all nice around other people." Colby shook his head, slight tears dripping down his nose.

"I loved him so much. And now I hate him. I hate what he did to me and I hate the fact that he enjoyed it." Colby shook his head and ran a hand through his hair. Moments of silence passed by until he uttered put a few words. "I'm sorry for being like this, Sam. I'll be out in the morning." And with that, he walked off leaving me with mixed emotions.

Sorrow, confusion, pain. I didn't want him to leave. But I knew it was something everyone else wanted. So I let him be.

((Next Day))

I walked out of my room, eyes tired and head pounding from not sleeping. I couldn't after hearing what Colby had gone through. It was unbelievable to me. How could such a, a monster have the heart to do that to his son? How could he have the heart to lay a hand on him, let alone burn him with blunts and cigarettes?

I shook away the thoughts, knowing I'll be a crying mess if I think about it any longer. That would only bring me attention and an interrogation from Elton. I ran a hand through my hair and stopped by Colby's door, my hand hovering just above the door handle.

I let out a shaky breath and push through to find what was unfortunately expected. The room was wiped clean, Colby's scattered clothing and the rest of his necessities out of sight. I dropped my head a little and let out a dreadful sigh. Where could he possibly have gone?

I shut the door with a silent click and descend the spiral staircase, hearing the perky chattering of the roommates. Discarding Colby and Elton's voices. "Oh, hey Sam." Corey cheered, a bright smile plastering his face. "Colby's gone-" "I know." I snapped and pushed through him, grabbing some cereal. I got a bowl and the milk out of the fridge before walking out of the now quiet kitchen.

I made my way towards my room and shut the door with a sigh. How could someone be so happy to have another person gone? Then again, I once wanted the same. I sat down on my bed and ate at my cereal, lazily. I was sad. Which was odd since I should be happy instead.

I fished my phone from under my pillow and opened up my contacts. I went to call Elton phone but a specific name caught my eye. Colby. I tapped his number and hovered my finger over the call button, debating if I should or not. When did he even put it in? I never had his number so when did he have the chance?

With a sad sigh, I shut my phone and laid down after finishing my half-eaten breakfast. I laid my phone on my chest and stared up at the ceiling in thought.