Closing Time

Take my hand

Take my hand. Time to go back to sleep, time to get away from here and onto what comes next.

What does come next? Take a look.

October 4th - Zombie SF

It's been a while since we did something spooky for Halloween! And that's just what we'll do this time around. Zombie SF. No, it's not just zombies in space! Maybe you've got a sci-fi cause for the outbreak?

November 15th - Best of 2020

We're keeping 2020's Best Of issue small and fuckin' awesome. See all those previous 2020 sub-genres we did this year? Let's get a brand-fuckin'-new story for every single one. Exclusive writer privilege is granted to tenured TK writers first, everybody else second. This is a tradition that comes from its ancient, humble beginnings as a TK issue of utmost secrecy. Don't ask us to write for it—we'll ask you.

December 20th - A Very Merry Dystopian Christmas

The "Merry" is back, and so is the Ooorah Crew's take on Dystopian SF (with that Christmassy twist we know and love!) We haven't touched this sub-genre by itself—because loads of -Punk and non-Punk sci-fi stories happen to be dystopian—since Tevun-Krus #8. Man, that's a long time ago!

Dystopian SF is the opposite of Utopian SF. Where those are paradise, these are hellish and mean. Dystopians typically feature some form of oppressive government, but not always. The oppression can also come from the environment, as in post-apocalyptic dystopians, from the self, or from any other imaginable source.

---

2021 is Officially the Year of Punk!

February 7th, 2021 - International V: LovePunk

Love...Punk...? That's right, mothertroopers, we've invented another sub-genre out of our asses! Love makes the world go round, love brings people from all walks of life together, love knows no colour, no creed. Love can conquer anything.

In times like these, it's only fitting LovePunk is the theme for TK International V.

Imagine a world where love has been outlawed, and soulmates are forced to meet in secret lest they be punished. Or maybe somehow someone's created love-based technology, and the world literally runs on the power of our hearts and souls. Or maybe— This is a brand-new sub-genre. The possibilities are endless!