Chapter 1

Before I start, I just want to thank my family on Hogwarts School Amino (HWSA) for inspiring me to write this book. I also want to thank Beauregard for giving me permission to do this. They really are family and all of them have shaped who I am today. I want to thank them for letting me use their characters in the books. I love you all ♥️

~~~

Slamming the door behind her, the ginger haired girl screamed out in frustration. In pain. "Why? Why? WHY?" She screamed, punching the wall. Hand bloody and bruised, the 10 year old laid on her bed, tears streaming down her face like a river.

"Wake up sweetheart." A soft voice said to the sleeping girl. "Hm?" She said, waking up to see her dad by her side. "Are you alright?" He asked, looking concerned. "Oh. I'm fine." She said, wiping a tear away. "I miss you dad." The six year old said.

"Get up." Echoed a loud voice. "I SAID UP!" She screamed, slapping the girl. Skye's eyes snapped open, a massive red mark on her face. "W- What was that for?" Skye asked, trying to keep her cool. The matron grabbed Skye's bruised hand and squeezed it. "How did you do this?" The matron asked. Skye just looked away. "ANSWER ME!" The older woman shouted before slapping Skye's other cheek. "FINE! I PUNCHED A FUCKING WALL! ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?" Skye shouted, her hair turning red without her knowing. The matron pushed Skye off her bed, grabbed her hand and dragged her down to the basement, throwing her on the floor. "YOU'RE A FREAK!" She shouted before slamming the basement door, leaving the scared 10 year old alone in the dark.

~~

"Skye Tonks?" The old, evil woman asked the man who sat in front of her. Three weeks since Skye got thrown down to the basement and she still hasn't been let out. "We don't have a Skye Tonks, Mr. Dawny is it?" She said. "Yes. Belial Dawny and I'm pretty sure there is a Skye Tonks here according to my research. Now if you excuse me, I'm going to look around." The male said, standing up and walking around. He walked down the corridor when he heard a distant cry. Curious, Belial followed the cry to the basement door. "Oh- you can't go in there." The matron exclaimed, standing in front of the door. "Let me in." Belial said bluntly, pulling out his wand on her. "Pffft. That's a stick." The matron laughed. "Oh? Are you sure about that? Alohomora." He said, pushing past her. As the crying got louder, the professor gulped. "Lumos." He muttered, lighting up the dark, damp room. In the middle of the floor, was a young, scared 10 year old girl with ginger hair. "Hi Skye." He said, putting his hand gently on her arm. She was cold to his touch which made the professor shiver. Turning back to the matron, you could see the fury in his eyes. "She's as thin as a stick. What have you done to her?" He asked in a low, scary voice. The matron merely shrugged. Turning back to Skye, he saw the fear in her eyes. "St-Stay away from me." She said. "Y-you're going to hurt me." She muttered. Belial's eyes filled with tears as the girl speak. 'How could someone so young be so broken?' He thought to himself. "Skye. Listen to me. I- we can make your life better. I promise." The male said softly, glaring at the matron. "Come on. Let's help you up." The deputy spoke, helping the broken girl up off the floor and out the basement. Once the light hit the girl, Belial saw how abused the girl was. Bruises all over her body, cuts on her lips and on her face and dirt all over her. "I promise I or one of my colleagues will be back soon." He said, as he handed her a letter. "Read it and I'll see you soon." Belial glared at the matron. "You as such lay a FINGER on her, I will see to you personally." The man said, glaring the matron down before disappearing into thin air.

~~

First chapter done! I'm sooo sorry it's short and rubbish but it will get better.
Disclaimer: The Wizarding world of Harry Potter is owned by the wonderful J.K. Rowling and obviously the characters, excluding Skye, is owned by my family on HWSA.
Skye out! Xx