Letters

"Well this sucks."

Once again, the twins found themselves grounded in their tiny cupboard for something they could not explain. How should they know how the glass disappeared? But of course it was their fault. To the Dursley's everything was their fault.

"I know." Harry agreed.
"Harry, when the snake got out— did you hear anything... weird? Like it, talked?" (Y/N) asked.
"I heard it too!" Harry whisper-yelled, attempting to avoid getting in even more trouble for even discussing the accident.

"I don't understand.." she said puzzled.
"Neither do I." he added.

-

After the Dursley's had finally ungrounded the twins (only to allow them to do chores of course), everyone pretended nothing had happened. The Dursley's went back to their normal perfect selves, and of course denying anything out of the ordinary.

After all; They were perfectly normal in every way, thank you very much.

So as usual, nothing was abnormal the morning (y/n) went to get the mail as she heard the metal slot clink. She leant down and picked up the few letters, flipping through them as she walked through the hallway towards the kitchen.

Bills, a postcard from Aunt Marge, and then— a letter? For her? And then another, for Harry? Who would send mail to them?

By the time she reached the kitchen, as she was in shock, she handed Uncle Vernon the rest of the mail and wondered off towards the living room staring at her letter.

Miss (Y/N) Potter
The Cupboard under the Stairs
4 Privet Drive
Little Whining
Surrey

Just as she had finally comprehended the letter was indeed for her and began to flip it over to open it, it was snatched from her grip. Dudley clutched the letter in his fat hands and started to screech.

"DAD! DAD! (Y/N)'s GOT A LETTER!"
He waddles over to Uncle Vernon as if he had caught her red handed committing a crime.

"Give it back! It's mine!" She yelled at him.
"Who would be writing to you?" Vernon said doubtfully, beginning to read the front of the envelope.

Harry wondered into the kitchen to join the excitement, sending his sister a questioning look.

Uncle Vernon, Aunt Petunia and Dudley all gathered to look at the letter, looked up in horror at the twins, before swiftly sending them to their cupboard.

The two discussed the matter and rambled off ideas of what the letters could have been. Sadly, they didn't ever think they'd find out.

The thought of the letter never left (y/n)'s head. Someone had sent her a letter! An oddly specific one in fact.. how could she rest knowing she had mail?

The next day, four more letters arrived. Two for each Potter. They were identical to the first. But they didn't make it past Uncle Vernon, either.

The next day, six.
Then the next, ten.

By the end of the week Uncle Vernon has nailed a wooden slab over the mail slot, and
(y/n) and Harry would find him snickering by the fire as he burnt the letters.

When Sunday rolled around Harry and (Y/N) had completely given up hope of ever discovering who their mystery letters were from.

"Sunday. In my opinion; best day of the week. You know why that is Dudley?" Uncle Vernon said manically. Dudley's fat ass shrugged off the question, too distracted by his biscuits to care. Oaf.

"Because there is no post on Sunday's?" Harry chimes in annoyed. (Y/N) rolled her  eyes to herself as she ate her breakfast.

"Right you are Harry! No post on Sunday's. No blasted letters today! No sir!" He cheered.
(Y/N) glanced up to see Harry Standing by the window staring out towards the sky.

"Harry?" She said quietly, then her attention was abruptly turned to a rumbling from the furnace. As was everyone's attention, and then letters started to flood out out of the chimney!

Dudley started to a shriek with Aunt Petunia, Uncle Vernon was yelling nonsense as well.
(Y/N) gaped, then couldn't help but laugh. This was- Insane. It was incredible.

(Y/N) grabbed a letter from the floor as Harry jumped off the Coffee table with one, they ran towards the cupboard to read them, but not before getting caught in Uncle Vernons massive arms.

"Give me those!" He yelled.
"Let go of us!" Harry protested.
"They're our letters!" (Y/N) added.

As the three of them wrestled in the hall, the Slab of wood over the mail slot burst off, more letters flooding into the house.

"THATS IT!! WE'RE GOING AWAY! FAR AWAY! WHERE THEY CANT FIND US!"