Heir? More like my nightmare

I was ready to bolt out of the door stopped hearing my mom's words " Welcome to our family princess, a heir to my throne"  and saw her hugging my wife with so much pride and love. Princess? that I could understand as according to my parents we three children are their prince and princess so she accepted her as her family but heir to the throne?. What could it mean exactly? My question was answered by my brother who laughs like a fool and bows down. Please don't tell me heir is THAT heir. Oh God. As if my brother heard me , sent me a wink and said what I was so afraid to hear " All hail to our future Queen of Khuranna family" . Its really nightmare. My mind couldn't process this she is already like this if my mom and granny gets their hands on her then I am dead meat. I was so horrified that on even seeing  Aarav's questioning gaze and his family members confused face  amused me. And the best part is no one tried to enlighten them.

My devil brother who was so impressed with my wife is now full on buttering mode why not its not bad to be future queen's good books continued " Welcome to Khuranna family babhi. I wish you could make me your right hand man. Then..." "Oi, in your dreams beta, Babhi please make me your right hand I am loyal and loving.." "No,no babhi please don't listen to her, she is a chudale, she will ruin your reputation..." "Oi,,, " Here goes nothing. My sweet mother put a stop to my brother and sister's campaign and dad's laugh with just a look.

"Still you don't get it?" I asked  Aarav still not completely out of my nightmare. He shook his head. I took the liberty to explain in low voice so only he can hear. I am not comfortable with others so didn't care to indulge them in " You see, to outside world, we Khuranna's rule and take decisions and inside house its ruled by Queen and princesses. First preference is always given to the house daughters and bahus. My parents treat all of us as their prince and princess that explain the princess part and as of the Heir part, you see even though its female rule, there is one lady who overrules everyone else. Currently the Queen of the house is my mom. As you have noticed earlier one look from my mom could shut every one, even my dad is no exception."

  "So?" he asked me still confused couldn't grasp what is going on here. Again I take the liberty to explain " You see Previously my grandmother used to be the Queen and my dad, cachu, cachi , mom even granddad  listened to her without a word. What she said is final and she has the power to punish us. You think my mother is always this confident women? No, my mom was so pure and innocent who doesn't have an ounce of dominant bone in her body pretty much submissive but look now one look and well you just saw what happens. My granny trained her in such a way that now no one can walk on her and her family. By the way,  where do you think Preethi got that feminist trait from?  Think if those two get their way with your sister" I let it unfinished.

"Ha, acha now I get it. But what with the right hand?" his question obviously pulled my brother ans sister to his side. My sister started to explain " You see, right hand man gets to decide when the queen is unavailable for some reason." in a low voice which proved me that she too is not comfortable with them. God bless their souls. She is going to make them sweat.

Even  all this couldn't get one reaction out of my wife. Her eyes is also blank, as if she has nothing to do with this. I am pretty irritated, not even been my wife for hour and gets license to boss me. And she didn't even try to find what's with princess and heir. What is she really? What happened with her that made her like this? Its really hard to crack her.Any normal girl would at least throw tantrum with my condition but not her. Now this. I really need to figure her out. My thoughts were cut short by my mother's request.

"Beta, I know what I am asking is not correct but could you please let my son put sendhoor and mangalsutre. If you are not fine then we will leave it. Please beta think once."

"Arey Gayathriji why are you asking her? she is fine with whatever you do. Yes Anaya?" my mother in law opened her mouth which literally pissed everyone of my family. I really got angry. I know I have no right but still will not allow my wife to be treated like this. I opened my mouth to give her a piece. My granny, Sushmitha Prashant Khuranna beat me to it . I didn't even realized that she is here " No need  beta. You don't have to think. From what you are wearing I can understand that you are not happy with what happened today. And my grand son didn't even have  sense to acknowledge you. He was on his way to office the minute he signed the papers. So you don't have to wear anything that practically scream his wife to the world. Be who you are and what you want to be. Let him rot for all I care. You don't have to go down. If anyone needs to then it should be him who kneels down and propose you till your heart feels his sincerity and you satisfied"

"Dadiji, what are you saying? " Sangeetha Raizdaza asked.

" My bahu can do what she wants to do. And no one can question  her" was the reply from my mom. " Sorry princess, I even thought of it. You are our pride so even if you want to slap my son for his idiocy I will not say anything. Come we will go home" with  that she took my wife's hand moved out without giving me side glance.

"Son, its 10:45. I am afraid you will not reach your meeting on time" He said without an ounce of sincerity. Why would he? He is thoroughly enjoying this. "Welcome to the club" he pats my shoulder and left me in daze. I am late for a meeting. God she will be reason for my death.

" Don't worry bhai I cancelled your meeting already" with that my brother went out. My sister said" Match made in heaven and hell brother. You got the right person. Treat my bhabi good" Really sis last time I remembered you were my possessive sister who not even let dad talk down.

"I really feel sorry for you man" Aarav said with smirk and went with Preethi. Well for others I don't care. I went out.

My dad wished others and moved toward the car. I still can't believe what happened today. I missed my meeting. God save me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beta - Boy or used as endearingly  for both boy and girl

Cachi - Aunty from father's side (Uncle's wife)

Cachu -Uncle

Dadi - Grand mother

Ji is used to represent respect.