Episode 2: Working through pain

that's a serious injury. It won't heal on it's own. David thought to himself as he checked the gunshot wound on his tummy. Upon examination, the bullet didn't hit anything vital, but it was lodged deep as David inserted his finger to locate the bullet. Grrrrrr! David groaned loudly as he felt the painful sensation. Need to stop the bleeding... Fast. David thought to himself. Looting the faunus and found a lighter, David decided that he had no choice but to cauterize his wound.
Grrrrh!! He burned his wound with the lighter, despite knowing how painful it was. Within seconds, the wound was sealed. It wasn't exactly good, considering the bullet lodged deep inside, but it stopped the bleeding temporary... at least. Enduring the pain, David slowly walked his way through the maze-like sewers... desperately looking for a way out. Feeling a sense of deja vu, memories of training
***
Flashback,
"Arrrh!!!" David screamed as his mentor Gray Fox twisted his arm... again in CQC training. As he laid down on the floor, he saw his knife right in front of him. He tried to reach for the knife, but his mentor picked the knife before he could reach it.
"And the winner goes to... Gray Fox!" From nowhere, Drebin announced the winner of the match, while giving the two a round of applause with his pet monkey.
*Fission Mailed*

"Your CQC is sloppy." Frank treated his apprentice's arm. Crack! David screamed in pain as Frank twisted his arm back again. "That hurt, damn it!" David complained.
"Deal with it, David. No pain, no gain. A soldier's gotta have more than just technique. There's one weapon greater than any other than battle, shall I go through this again?" Asked Frank.

"The undying will to survive." David answered.
"Exactly. Yet, your performance didn't prove it. If you can't endure the pain, there's no way you are gonna survive a battlefield." Frank reminded David with sarcasm. "Don't rely on VR training that much. Tomorrow, your real training begins." With that being said, Frank left the dojo.

Ever since Gray Fox rescued David from his captors, David had been situated in VR training for the past six months. He had completed almost three hundred missions, where some of them are re-imaginations of espionage operations carried out by FOX such as Intrude N312 and N313, Snake Eater, Shadow Moses Incident, to name but a few. To the still childish David, he believes VR training had made him on par with legendary soldiers such as his father, if not Snake and the Boss, as he completed every mission achieving the title of 'Big Boss'... Until Frank started the real deal...
***
Present...
The cauterization didn't help much. Inside the maze like underground, David felt himself becomig drowsier... and drowsier. Not good... Need to climb... fast. Realizing he has internal bleeding,  David climbed even faster on the wooden beams to rise from the darkness... but it wasn't helping, together with the pain and dizziness, David felt himself becoming weak, and the higher he climb, the weaker the grip he felt on each wodden beam...
*CRACK!*
As David reached for the next wodden beam, it cracked, causing him to loose balance and fell into the seemingly bottomless pit, breaking the rest of the wooden beams also. He landed on his back on a large metal pipe, then rolled rolled back to square one. Fuck... Despite surviving the fall, the pain was unbearable...
Need to get moving... David thought to himself. Rather risking another injury, David decided that he find a safer route to leave the underground, before he die from excessive blood loss...
***
Ruby and Yang's POV, 7:30 pm...

Ruby and Yang are walking along the vibrant streets of Vale.
"Yang! I didn't expect you are taking me to such a grand restaurant!" Ruby shouted.
"Welp, that's was dad's plan. He made reservations for the four of us, and we are going in early. After all, we gotta spend the night having the luxurious dinner with Uncle Qrow." Said Ruby's sister.
Indeed, it was a golden opportunity. Tai, Yang and Ruby had been informed that Qrow finally having time to spare with the family. Never had the family been so happier, ever since Raven walked out on them, the death of Summer...