Episode 2: Mission debriefing

Two days later... At David's apartment

"So, how are you feeling today?" asked Drebin, while eating a toast.
"Fine, though the gunshot wound still hurts a bit when I move." Answered David, who touched the bandaged wound on his belly. "Had that bullet hit your liver, the odds of living would be low. Consider yourself lucky. Try to deflect one or two bullets the next time an enemy shoots at you." Drebin cautioned his friend's errors back in the underground. "I keep that in mind."

"Anyways, here's today's new." said Drebin as he plopped the newspaper, the headline reads: MISSING WOMEN FOUND ALIVE IN SEWERS, CLAIM SOMEONE SAVED THEM FROM WHITE FANG.

"Well, the police won't be able to trace anything linked to me involvement." David continued to eat his scrambled eggs he made for breakfast.

"That's not my concern. What really matters is why did you kill every last of them in the underground?" Asked Drebin.

"They deserved it, rapists got what they needed—karma." Answered David.

"Very well then, David."

"It was like when I was in Patch, the darkness of the basement, the closed walls, the helplessness of being hung like a pig... It appears I've been trying to rid that memory  on all of my life. It's a fool's dream Drebin, sometimes I think i should just be done with it and move on."

Despite escaped from Patch 3 years before, the memory still remains. Yet he would not allow it to consume his mind, affecting his performance on the field.

"Perhaps you're right. But something tells me you have a deeper purpose on upholding FOX's legacy. By the way, what should I do with your gun collection found in the gutter? You can sell it for a high price if you don't need it." Said Drebin, while pointing the cache of guns on David's sofa.

"Sorry Drebin, but I suppose we should hand them to the Vale police, there's too much tragedy happening in Vale. Besides, they are already rusting." Picking one of the pistols, David loaded the magazine, and pulled the trigger,  resulting the slide to be jammed, he then unloaded the magazine and tried to rack the slide to unjam the pistol, ending up pulling the entire thing apart. "See?"

"Who knows how long they were thrown down in the drain... Very well, I'll make arrangements to deliver those junk to the police. Speaking of which, my men needs me. I'll come back for dinner. What's on the menu today, Chef David?"

"Hmm... How bout clay roasted thigh? I'll be sure to prepare the ingredients." Answered David.

"Well I'll be damed, see you later." With that, Drebin left David's home with the cache of guns.

"Later."
***
In the afternoon, at Patch...
"Hey Dad! You need to see this!" Shouted Yang, who was watching the news...

This is Lisa Lavender from Vale News Network. Yesterday, at 9p.m, 4 women, which 3 of them were faunus,aged 16 to 20, were rescued by the police and citizens of Vale after being discovered trapped in the sewers. The youngest one, named Alice Thyme, a sheep faunus, she was still in shock when she was taken into the hospital, repeatedly chanting: He saved us, he saved us... According to the remaining three, a White Fang hideout was made in the underground, and they happened to be victims of rape, but was saved by an unknown individual who sneaked and freed them from the terrorists. An investigation was conducted in the underground. Police discovered a White Fang hideout was indeed set up, followed by corpses of White Fang, either killed by a slit on the throat, or a bullet to the head. A snuff film procured during the investigation proved that foul play was involved. No traces of the individual were found. In other news...

"For Oum's sake, that guy didn't have to go to the extremes and kill everyone insight." Tai criticised the individualas doing.

"Dad, they were rapists!" Said Yang.

"Sure they were, but that doesn't make him any good as them. That's not the way we work, understand?"

"Fine, no-killing, that's the line we cannot cross." Sighed Yang,

"Dad, what's up?" Coming downstairs, Ruby asked.

"It's nothing sis." Closing the TV, said Yang.

"Anyways, Signal needs me, see you girls later." Said Tai.

"See you!" The girls waved at their father as he left the house.

"..."

"What's wrong Yang?" Asked Ruby.

"It's fine sis, I'm alright!" Answered Yang.

End
***

Bonus

In the evening...

"Clay roasted thigh, and canoe cut marrow bone

"Clay roasted thigh, and canoe cut marrow bone." said David to Drebin, while placing the dish of today at the table.

"Using clay to lock in the moisture and flavor of food? Pretty good, can't wait to try it."

"Well science can not only be applied to survival training, but also be applied to culinary." Answered David, while using a hammer to crack open the layer of clay, then opened the lotus leaf, revealing the main course of today. Then, he sliced a piece of meat and put it on Drebin's plate, accompanied with the seasonings inside the thigh, a piece of marrow bone.

"Try it."

Picking up the slice of meat, Drebin ate it, trying to get the most of it's flavours and texture. It's tender, juicy, much better compared to those Vale restaurants.

"My compliments to the chef." Said Drebin, which earned David a smile on his face.