five: guilty of giving my all

"So... How was the date? Did you two have a great time? Did you like their food? Also, Brooklyn wants to know if Min Ji told you she had a good time. Said something about how if she did say she had a good time then there's an 80% chance of a second date happening."

Harry hasn't even gotten the chance to sit on his chair before he's bombarded with questions from Niall who apparently has been waiting for him at his desk. Giving his friend a sideways glance, he points out, "You're early."

Niall crosses his arms and shakes his head. "Yeah, changing the topic isn't gonna work on me." Karma's a bitch, Harry thinks. He used to be the one pestering Niall about Brooklyn and now Niall's pestering him about Min Ji. "So you gonna ask her out for a second date soon?"

Harry frowns as he pulls his chair out and sits. "We just had our first date last night."

"So? Brooklyn and I had our second date a day after we had our first." Harry gives his friend a pointed look, but otherwise doesn't say anything else. "Alright, yeah, I get that the circumstances are different but would you like to take her out for a second date?"

Harry thinks about the way his heart beat like crazy for the rest of the night last night, thinks about the warmth that courses through him when Min Ji stood on her tiptoes to kiss him on the cheek, thinks about the disappointment he felt when he didn't get to spend more time with her after the date.

Of course he wants to go on a second date with Min Ji. But that's not all he wants. He wants to go on a third date with her, a fourth date, a fifth date -- he wants to go on a lot of dates with Min Ji because he wants to spend as much time as he can with her.

That last thought catches Harry by surprise. He's made peace with the fact that he has a crush on Min Ji but that's all it is: a crush. It's just a crush and crushes usually come and go. But this... This feeling, whatever it is that he feels whenever he thinks of Min Ji or whenever he's around her, runs deep.

As soon as realisation dawns on him, both fear and worry grip at his heart. He's only known her for a short amount of time so it doesn't make sense that he's already feeling so strongly towards her. If he's not careful, he'll hurt himself. Or worse, he'll repeat the mistake that he swears he'll never commit again.

"You okay, H?" Niall's concerned voice brings him back to reality. Harry blinks his eyes once, twice and then nods. Niall doesn't look convinced but instead of dwelling on it, he says, "Okay great because you haven't answered my questions."

Harry scowls at his friend. But knowing that he won't be able to get away from this, he lets out a sigh and says, "Yeah, of course I want to go on a second date with her."

Niall smiles, happy with his friend's answer. No doubt Niall already knows the answer to his question but he wants to hear Harry say it out loud. "Then you should ask her out."

"It's not that easy." Harry shakes his head as he switches on his computer. In an attempt to distract himself from thinking and worrying about the date yesterday, he focused all of his attention on his article and finished writing it before it was time for him to leave. So today the only thing left for him to do is to go through it once more and edit it. Later on, maybe he can start planning his article for next week -- he should get nervous about a date more often because he can't remember the last time he's on top of his work.

"I think you should just ask her out. She'll say yes. Trust me." Niall says once again. Harry gives him an exasperated look. "Call it... best mate's intuition."

Niall leaves Harry with a wink and a pat on the back. But that's not all. He also leaves him with a lot of things to think about.

&&