epilogue: i see us in black and white

a couple of years later

Harry has been preparing for this exact moment ever since he caught the way Niall would steal a glance at Brooklyn as they worked on their articles at their desk and the way she would return that look a second too late. There were a lot of stolen and missed glances between those two and yet Harry has always known that they would end up together. If you ask him how he knows it, he'd give you the classic "best mate's intuition" answer. But the truth is, he doesn't have an answer for it. He just knows.

And this evening, as the sun is setting low in the sky, he gets to tell everyone all about it through his best man speech -- a speech that he prepared a while ago.

He tells everyone how he first met Niall and Brooklyn, how he knew right from the beginning that these two would get along well (it's what he said to them when they met on Brooklyn's first day), and how he's not surprised at all that they're all gathered here today to celebrate their love. Their decision to take their relationship to the next level.

In his speech, Harry also talks about how he admires Niall and Brooklyn, how when he looks at them he sees genuine love between the couple and how he used to wish that he'd find a love like that someday. He catches Min Ji's eyes when he talks about that and when she flashes a smile at him, he can feel it all the way to the tips of his toes. It's electrifying. It's something that he'll never get used to even though they've been together for two years now. Now he understands how Niall feels when he's around Brooklyn. He used to talk about it and Harry didn't understand it because he had never experienced it and was convinced he never would, but now he does.

"...And last but not least, I'm excited to see what the future holds for the both of you. I know it'll be filled with adventures, as Brooklyn said earlier in her vow, and I know it'll be filled with laughter and smile because I know Niall would do anything in his power to make his wife smile and laugh. They're disgustingly cute, I know."

Brooklyn leans against Niall who wraps his arm around her, a smile adorning her lips. Harry thinks that it might be his imagination, but if it isn't then she definitely has tears in her eyes right now. Niall looks like he's about to cry too. He hopes the photographer manages to capture this moment because he would very much like to look at it again in the future.

"To the perfect couple, Niall Horan and Brooklyn Cooper."

Everyone toast to that and the ceremony continues with Niall and Brooklyn cutting their cake. When it's time for the couple to have their first dance, Harry makes his way to Min Ji. When he reaches her table, he pulls out the empty chair next to her and presses a kiss on her lips.

"Hi," he says quietly as he tucks a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Hi," she whispers back. She takes his hand in hers and squeezes it. "You were great just now."

"Thank you," he replies. Although he spent a lot of time on the speech, preparing it and practicing it, he was still very nervous to deliver it in front of Niall and Brooklyn's family and friends. "Are you having a good time?"

"Yeah," Min Ji nods. "It's a beautiful wedding."

"It is," Harry agrees with a nod.

The two of them redirect their eyes to the dance floor where Niall and Brooklyn are sharing their first dance. Niall whispers something in Brooklyn's ear and whatever it is that he says makes her throw her head back, laughing.

"You're right," Min Ji says. "He really does like to make her laugh."

"Probably not as much as I like making you blush," Harry counters. Min Ji looks at him, her cheeks flushing. "See." Harry grins as he touches her cheek. "My favourite sight."