The first text

Two days came and went and Ave was at the moment laying on the bed, dressed in her pj's which were a short and tank top being red and black. Staring at the card that was in her paw. Which had Raph's number on that she stared at thinking her tail sway lazily. Ever since that night of the battle she told her uncle about what happened. As well had to tell and show her injury it shocked him that she had gotten hurt. But was glad she was alright even though what happened to her. Her uncle was very caution about letting her go out late but since her leg was injured he did not want her to go out at night till it got better. But it made him rethink that and was scared to whoever was after his niece. Made him afraid for her safety, Avelina knew that her uncle would be worried and reassured him that she will be extra careful. Plus she really didn't want to see Karai again. That girl gave a bad vibe that she couldn't describe but she knew she had to stay away from her. She still didn't tell her uncle about the turtles knowing it was for the best anyway for now. Knowing that he would asked how they look like and would think they were a threat to them. So she kept it her secret for now.

Speaking of them she was thinking after two days since the save she should start talking to the red mask turtle. It was still a surprise that he would give her his number. Strange as they didn't know each other completely. But seeing that he was a mutant and that he couldn't come out as much as he liked. It probably wouldn't hurt to start a chat with the guy or turtle. Flipping the card one last time as she stared at the number again lifting her brow.

'Hmm? It wouldn't be a bad idea to text him. He did say to stay in touch. So why not!' She thought with a smile flipping up so that she was laying on her stomach having grab her phone as she lay on her stomach with her legs up her tail laying next to her right side. She went to her contact to type in his name and number in. Before she is to text him. Once that was done she went into her messages and then picked his number to text with.

;Hey Raph, its me, Ave.;

She waited as she stared at the phone seeing that it had send before she looked up at the wall. Not sure if Raph would want to talk to a red head punk girl like her. Sometimes it was hard to make friends when you are a mutant that disguised themselves as a human. But that was something he had to handle. A beep caught her attention as she lifted up her phone and to her surprised Raph had actually texted her.

;Hey Ave! Great to hear from you after two days of what happened! Didn't think you would text me actually;

Ave smiled with a soft giggle at that statement to what he had just said. She was just glad that he actually texted her. So figuring that he wanted to talk to her as she spoke the first text.

;Eh had to think a bit if I should text you or not and I was pretty busy with school and other things. Plus I couldn't stop thinking of you or your brothers. And I wanted to anyway since you were kind enough to give me your number. Thinking we can text during the night and maybe the day since I know you won't be able to come out in day light really.;

She text before sending she could see she typed in a message to him. But she knew that they had something in common about both being mutants. Which he doesn't know just yet which she will keep that way for a while. It was really for safety.

;Ah! I see and sure I don't go out much during the day. Just when I need to blow off some steam or when me or my brothers are force to go out to save the day. We have before but that is something that I can't tell you yet.;

Arching her brow with her head tilted a bit at that. Curious to what he mean by that and it made her think a bit but then again she couldn't reveal much about herself as well. Many secrets.

;Understandable, sometimes I need to stay at home and I can't go anywhere. Plus many people don't understand me sometimes because of what I am and how I dress. I get bullied so many time because of it. Also it's not fun when your the only one of your kind.;

She sighed as she layed her phone down as she looked up towards her window thinking a bit what she said. If many were to know what she really was, could really place herself and her uncle in danger. Not something she would want because of what she is. She sighed sadly at the thought wondering if Raph would want a punk girl like her.

;What do you mean?;

;If I were to tell ya, then I might have to kill ya...;

She grinned a bit at that joke hoping Raph would get it and not take it seriously she had to know the guy first before she could tell him or his brothers.

;Haha very funny, but seriously what do you mean can't you tell me?;

;Sorry Raphie but until I know you and the rest more I can't tell you anything much however I can say that I was bullied a lot because of me dressed as a punk girl. I'm proud of it and will always be one. If ya got a problem with that then deal with it.;

;Don't call me Raphie! And no I don't got a problem with you being uh punk girl. I knew what that meant.;

;Seriously? Oh well I'll show you later when you invite me to your place. Would be fun to know where you lived....I'd be in a place where it's a judge free zone.;

She text as she was on her back now her tail swaying slowly as she thought about going somewhere other then here. Maybe see what else is there to do.

;I could...but I'm not sure if I can't trust you and give you permission😉;

She stared in surprised at this before smirking at the texted. Did he just flirted with her? They barely known each other. She shook her head and pretended to be hurt.

;What!? Are you serious! I thought you said you had no problem with me! I thought you said I could trust you;

She waited for his response and not long after she saw it which made her laugh not believing what she was reading and that he was serious.

;Wait!? I didn't mean it litterly!;

Ave couldn't believe it as she laughed to what she saw but she figures she could relaxed him.

;Relax Raph! I was only joking and also don't flirt with me we don't known each other that much and you want to start with that?;

;Alright I'm sorry but hey if your not busy tomorrow then maybe I could help you to our lair but you got to keep it a secret. My sensei doesn't like it when we just randomly people down here, you know.;

;Consider it done, I can come after school. Would love to spend time with you then staying all day here. Just tell me where I can meet and I'll be there.;

She texted with as smile hoping that she could go see where they stayed and hang out where she was welcome mostly where there were a bunch of other mutant making her comfortable. That would be nice.

;Sounds good to me, I'll let the others know about you so see you then?;

;Yup see you then, gotta go or else I could get into trouble with my uncle if I don't get some sleep right now.;

;Yeah see ya, night Ave.;

With that the text ended and she placed her phone down but couldn't help but smile at the thought about being in a place where she felt welcome and see new 'people' something her uncle wanted her to spend time since she was 17. So she figure this would be something that she could get use to....

+++++

A/N: Hey my dear readers!

I know what your thinking and I must apologize for the very late update. But I got busy and I had other stories to update and write. Glad some of you are enjoying reading this story and are very patience with me. Thank you very much and this will be a slow update. Most of my stories are going to be as I have a job doing. But I'm glad you are enjoying it!

Stay safe and sending lost of love!!!