five

chapter five:
just a doll

"what funeral?" was all she managed to say in a monotone voice, her eyes full of question yet there was no expression in her tone. but one thing jungkook knew for a fact was that eyes don't lie.

it was just like the man had said. she had already began believing in the lie and had forgotten about the accident.

at this point, he had given up and began laughing as if he was just told the world's number one most funniest joke. shaking his head, he leaned in—expression changed completely within the span of a split second. "you need to put that think back in the box." he clenched his jaw.

minjae's eyes widened almost immediately, looking at jaehun as she pulled him closer. "i'm not putting my son in a box." she said in disbelief, almost as if she was being hypnotized or put in a trance.

"it's not your son!" jungkook raised his voice, losing his calm as he stood up from the chair, pushing it to the side as it fell across room causing minjae to flinch, burying her face into the doll's hair. he walked over to her side of the table, harshly grabbing her arm before dragging her towards the back door in the kitchen.

it still wasn't processing in his head how a doll managed to ruin their relationship.

it was just a doll.

"stop it!" she cried out in pain, pulling her arm back. "you're hurting me!"

"so are you." jungkook spat, keeping his grip firm on her wrist as she held her baby with other hand.

"wait—what are you doing?!" she widened her eyes after realizing what he was trying to do, pulling her arm back with even more strength than before in a state of panic.

"taking you outside so you can really see what you have in your hands." using more force, he finally managed to get her outside. "this is my fault for letting—" he paused and froze in place turning to stare at minjae. he instantly let go of her, breath shaking as he stared at her body fall to the floor. his eyes widened at the realization of what was happening.

it hadn't taken jungkook more than a few seconds to realize that his wife was indeed, just a doll.