Chapter 2: I like tacos

The cotton candy that made up the benches, the trees, the grass and the ground of cotton candy park came in four colors: yellow, green, blue, and pink. Each color also came in different shades, making the park a beautiful place to visit. Chip helped himself to a strand of lime flavored grass, which regrew instantly, and kept walking. Their destination was the Cloud Clearing, which, as the name suggests, was covered with cotton candy clouds. They looked like real clouds with their light, wispy candy, especially with their extremely light blue-grey color. They came in every shape and size, and changed to a new shape at exactly 12:00 p.m. Some looked like rabbits, some looked like apes, and some were looked just like a normal cloud. However,  instead of producing rain they emitted soft, warm sunlight.  The clearing was different from the rest of the park, because instead of grass or pavement on the ground, there was a light-colored rainbow cloud. It covered the entire ground of the clearing, which was about the size of a football field(at least to a hamster it was), making the whole place seem like a magical fairyland.

"Wow!" They gasped as they entered the clearing.

"I've never been here before, and it's amazing!" Exclaimed Chip and Cheeto.

"I have, but it still amazes me every time," breathed Katie.

          They walked onto the fluffy, rainbow cloud covering the clearing and sat down. Like all of the other things in the park( except the ground), the cloud was enchanted not to break or collapse in on itself when hamsters sat on or felt it. The only way it could break was through force, like punching or digging. The hamsters relaxed under the sunlight of the clouds, and Chip and Cheeto began to set up lunch.

"All done!" Cheeto said proudly, gesturing toward the table. 

"Oh, that looks good." Angel said, helping herself to a sandwich. The others moved towards the food too, hungrily eating what they liked most. 

"Wait!" Chip said. "Why am I hearing a sound like ripping cotton candy?"

"Um... oh! I hear it too! It's coming from over there." Jeffery said, pointing towards the other side of the rainbow cloud, in between them and another group of hamsters.

"Well then, lets investigate it!" Angel said, briskly walking over to where the sound was covering from. The others followed her.

"I hear it... wait... AHHHH!" Chip shrieked as something popped out of the ground and went back        Into its burrow.

"What is it?" Gasped Cheeto. No one replied, and all of them looked confused. 

"Over there! Another one!" Jeffrey exclaimed, flailing towards a spot behind where Angel was sitting.

"This is weird." Angel said. "What are these things?"

"Um... I don't know." Said a voice behind them. All of them gasped and turned around.

"Alex?" Chip shrieked.