Chapter 3: Alex

"Yes," Alex said. "Um... what were you talking about earlier?"

"Oh, well, basically, we saw a bunch of weird things pop out of the cloud?" Angel mumbled.

"Yeah, they're making burrows!" Jeffrey said.

"Oh, well, can you round them up for me? I'm super busy. As in I'm five days behind on a two-day project busy. Thanks!" Alex said, scurrying away.

".... ok then." Cheeto said.

"Well, lets go round them up then!" Katie said cheerfully.

"How?" Chip asked.

"Uh...... weeee caaaaaan..... oh! Why don't we try to lure them out with food? There's a reason why they're using only cotton candy to make their burrows: it tastes good!" Katie said.

"Oh! That's a good idea. But since they like to stay underground, let's make our own hamster size burrow and have them dig up to it! We can fill it will the best cotton candy in town: Canda's Candy's cotton candy!" Chip said excitedly. 

"I'll get the cotton candy!" Jeffrey said, racing away.

"Okay, then we'll dig." Angel said, starting to scoop the fluffy sugar away. The others joined her, and since they were hamsters, they had finished the burrow by the time Jeffrey got back. Their creation was a narrow tunnel leading to a large, underground room. 

"Honestly, the humans should be intelligent enough to know that if they make us big enough with their technology we could build all of their homes and dig all of their burrows. We're experts!" Chip said proudly. The others agreed. They built a mound of cotton candy in the center of the underground room and waited. Soon, they heard the sound of digging and stationed themselves around the perimeter of the room. The first thing popped up in front of Chip, and he grabbed it and put it in a crate that Jeffrey brought. It was an animal with a mole's head and legs, but a monkey's body and tail. It looked very strange. 

"I got one!" He cried. 

"Me too!" Jeffrey said, racing around the room and trying to catch one of the creatures as it raced in circles. "Kind of!"

"Wow, these things are weird!" Angel said, plopping one in the crate. Soon, the crate was filled with the tiny creatures. There was only one left, which Jeffrey was still trying to catch.

"Ugh, just grab it, Jeffrey!" Angel said, distracting Chip. Quick as lightning, the creature scrambled into the hole made by one of the other creatures in front of Chip and sped away. 

"Hey, guys! Catch!" Shouted Jeffrey as he threw a bunch of shrinking elixirs at them. "I picked these up at the potion store. They wear off in five minutes, so hurry!" They all drank theirs and leapt into the hole. Angel was the first to get in, then Jeffrey, then Cheeto, then Katie, then Chip. Soon, the tunnel came to a fork. Angel, Jeffrey, and Cheeto took the left one and the others took the right. 

"Wow," Chip gasped, "This is tiring!"

"I know, right?" Agreed Katie as they came to another fork. "I'll take the right!" Chip sped down the left tunnel, going faster and faster, until finally-

"Got it!" Chip cried. Hearing him, the hamsters all returned to the room. Chip plopped the squirming creature into the crate.

"Phew!" Chip and Cheeto said, as they all took deep breaths to get back some air.

"We have half an hour to give the crate to Alex before we get teleported back to Earth. Let's go!" Katie said, racing away with the crate. The others followed her, helping her carry the heavy weight. They reached Alex's office and pounded on the door.

"Come in!" Alex said. "Ah, it's you five again! Thank you so much. These little molkeys have escaped from their habitat in the zoo! I'm so glad to have them back", he said as they entered to room. 

"Anytime," Angel said. "I'm glad you have them back." They were about to leave the room when they heard a loud snap and they returned to Earth.