Chapter 3

Neil's POV

Neil was leaning on the counter waiting for someone to come in, then heard the door open. Nerris and Harrison walked in," Wait isn't Ered supposed to be with you?" Neil asked looking at them in the eyes." We could ask you the same thing about Max and Nikki." Harrison said putting his hand on the counter. " Well I got a job here so I told them to go Eat or spy on David, now what about you." Neil said standing up straight. " Ered wanted to do some extreme tricks on her skateboard so told us to leave her alone." Harrison answered. " How did you get a job here Neil?" Nerris asked looking around the shop." Well since I'm smarter than all of you idiot's at camp the guy in charge let me work here because I fixed someone's radio." He said pulling up a chair. " Cool do you think they could hire us?" Nerris smiled. " Absolutely not, I mean do you now anything about technology?" Neil said sitting down. "Well I got an A+ in Computer science, plus I have a spell that can fix anything." Nerris said fixing her glasses. " Ugh fine I'll give him a good word about you but Harrison.... your mostly just going to have to clean. Harrison sighed, I'm pretty sure he was thinking of the bathroom he might have to clean. " I'm going to back to talk to him don't touch anything!" Neil yelled.

Nerris's POV

I walked around looking at all the old radios, TV's, and Clocks, wow this would be good stuff for my pioneer roleplays with Preston." Good news." Neil said walking towards me and Harrison." You've got the job Nerris." I smiled." And Harrison you've got what I'd predicted." He said handing him a broom. " Have fun cleaning the bathroom" Harrison mumbled something then headed to the back." That's what he gets for ticking me into thinking Nikki was dying." He said with a sly grin. " Sooooo what am I supposed to do, I can use my fixing dust so the objects won't be broken!" I yelled. " This is real life Nerris that won't work, you are the cashier." He said pointing to the counter he was once behind." Your 11 years old you should now how to count money he said heading to the front door." Where do you think your going?" I questioned. " On my break to look for Max and Nikki have any ideas where they might be?" He said putting his hand on the door." Probably eating food Max was really hungry this morning because he didn't eat breakfast, mostly because the food was bad." I said remembering he shoved his food into the trash. " Okay I'll be back on 20 minutes be careful and dont break anything." He said leaving. I than sat down in the chair waiting for someone to come in.

20 minutes later
I woke up to hearing the door open. Neil walked in with a worried look on his face. " What's wrong did something bad happen?" I gasped " Do I get to fight a Cyclops, I have spec-" I was cut off my Neil talking with a serious tone." I could not fine Max or Nikki anywhere." He had a bit of fright in his voice." Did you check everywhere like in every store?" I said standing up." Yes, I've saw something's I could never unsee."He said rubbing his eyes." Harrison walked in with a disgusted look on his face. " I regret wanting to work here." He said shaking his head. " Max and Nikki are gone!" I shouted on accident. Harrison's eyes grew wide. " What If they got kidnapped or killed or-" I covered his mouth because I could see that Neil was freaking out big time." This is my fault I should've let them stay." Harrison put his hand on Neil's shoulder," No it's not we are going to find them." Neil still had a scared look on his face but started to calm down. I than heard David's voice calling all the campers from outside. We looked at each other and walked out.

Everyone was their except Max and Nikki of course. When kids started hoping on the bus David grabbed me, Harrison, and Neil. " I never thought I would have to say this to you three but what did you do?" He asked seeing the sacred looks on are face." We did nothing." I answered " Max and Nikki are gone Neil looked everywhere to find them but could not." I said finished my sentence. David had a worried expression making his smile disappear. " Get on the bus so I can ask all the campers when was the last time they saw them. We shook are heads and followed Neil to the back where he orginally sat with his missing friends. " Okay Campers!" David said," Max and Nikki seemed to have gone.... missing so I wanted to know when was the last time you saw them. Nurf shouted with a sly grin on his face " Their probably f-" dolph covered his mouth. Preston stood up from the middle seat," I saw them leave this old what I think is a computer store and start walking back to camp." He said with a dramatic tone. A sigh of relief was heard threw the bus. " Okay so than they probably headed back to camp!" David said his big smile coming back to his face as he sat done next to space kid. Quater Master started the bus heading back to camp.

Neil's POV
I stared out the window wondering why they would want to go back to camp the bus stopped in front of a 711. Quater master stood up," bathroom break." Everyone got out of the bus except me I did not need to go plus it would be alone time for me and my thoughts . I kept looking out the window. A bush I was looking at started to shake. I rubbed my eyes thinking I was seeing things. Than I saw a girl with tourqouse hair jump out the Bush followed my a boy with a blue hoodie. They where covered in mud, sticks, leaves, and cuts, It was Max and Nikki. "HOLY SHIT!" I yelled standing up from my seat. I saw Nikki turn in the direction of the bus she then grabbed a stick that was in her pigtails and pointed it at the bus jumping up and down. Max grabbed the stick and pointed in my direction. They saw me and then Nikki started waving me over. I got off the bus without anyone seeing and ran towards them. " Why the hell did you guys leave me I thought you died or something." Max rolled his eyes," Stop being so fucking worried all the time its annoying."Nikki grabbed mine and Max's arm and started jumping up and down then looked at Max, " Tell him what we are going to do!" She said letting go of me then shaking Max. " Shit Nikki calm down your going to give me a head ache." He said putting both of her hands to the side and rubbing his head," Anyway Nikki found a tree house in the woods and wanted to show me it but now that your here you can see it too." He said regaining focus. " Wait really that's awesome!" I said with a smile. Nikki looked like she was going to pass out. " But I think we might need to do that tomorrow." I said pointing at Nikki. " NO! I could still show you I just dont want to wal-" she didn't finish her sentence then fell asleep in front of my shoes . " I'm not caring her." I said looking at all the mub and sicks in her hair. Max placed her on his back, " Asshole." He mutterd. We turned the direction that the bus was in, but it was not their anymore. I looked at Max with a worried expression." Looks like where going to that treehouse after all." He said clearly annoyed from Nikki's drool in his hair. " Your not going to wake her up are you?" I asked. " Hell no she's been having mood swings and I don't want to deal with that hell again." He said," She told me where it was so I'll be able to take us their that means your following me dumbass." He said with an angry mutter . I laughed because he would have to carry a sleeping Nikki all the way there. He than gave me the middle finger and started walking.