6. Oh, Loa

S a m u e l
••

"Edwidge when my dad comes home tell him to call me, I can't get him on his cell." The butler nods at me and hands me the keys to my car. I hop in and make the twenty minute drive to Carter's.

His house was just as big as mine, except, it was always empty. Both of us had 0 siblings, but my parents always got home before 11 and showered me with their pestering presence. Don't get me wrong, I loved them to death. But they weren't . . . normal.

"Muttface, how's it going?" He grinned upon seeing me and I grunted, collapsing on his bed and pulling out my phone.

"You went out." I state, obviously waiting for him to elaborate and he nods.

"Yea that girl's friend is pretty great, Danielle," He stares at the ceiling from where he sat on the floor reading a book. "She's so shy, yet if you catch her in the right moment, she'll rant about the strangest things. Did you know that the rollarocaster was designed to distract americans from sin?" He looked baffled as he stared at me, and I gave him a weird look in return.

"Yea. . . She sounds pretty great."

"What about that girl? I saw you oogling at her like a creep while I was talking to Danielle."

"What about her?" I eye him and he smirks.

"Why don't you ask her out?"

"I don't like her in that way." I conclude and he hums.

"Don't you?"

"No."

"Are you sure?"

"Fuck off Carter, I just helped her that's all."

"Talking about that, that Mace kid barely made it out alive," He slams his book closed. "I think we need to reduce our violence to a minimum, like maybe 0% a month."

"So? Many people go into comas and barely make it out alive. He was bullying two innocent girls. I did what anybody else wouldv'e done." I shrug and he clears his throat.

"Anybody else would've punched him and give him a warning, not kick his head into the concrete. I don't think I've ever seen you that angry, and trust me, I've seen you in many instances. Are you sure you don't like that girl."

"I barely know her." I roll my eyes and he hums again.

"You're so fucking annoying, where's the others?"

"Probably at a bar somewhere, its just me and you cupcake."
I glare at him as he pretends to make googly eyes at me.

"I'll break your jaw."

"I don't doubt it."

He chuckles and returns to his book while I scroll on Instagram. I tried to tell myself that it had been months of searching and searching for hers, and I should just give up.

Loa.

Her name sounded so pretty, just like her. She had really thick, long hair that was always pulled into a high. . .thing. Puff. Afro? Whatever.

There were times I caught her smiling at nearby animals, like a bird, or even a damn worm. She liked them a lot and that gave me an idea.

I didn't like her as Carter assumed, instead I was intrigued by her. The first time I caught sight of Loa she had stepped in bubblegum and looked like she was about to cry. I was going to help, really, but she just sighed, removed the shoe and continued walking with only one on her feet. I'm not too sure why.

I learned her name from one of the students in her class the next day, and that was only about four months ago. I didn't approach because most people only cower in fear and ran away when they saw me, and I loved it that way. Just not with her.

Seeing her get beat up by that fat prick just send me over the edge and before I knew it I was going ape and two seconds later
leading her inside of my house.

Gosh she was beautiful, I never have much to say, but I was truly speechless when it came to being around her.

"Earth to asswipe."

"What?" I growl at Carter and he raises an eyebrow.

"I said, are you hungry?" I Shrug and he pulls a shirt over his head.

"We're going out to eat."

Point is, I didn't like Loa, but I think I cared for her. There was just something that didn't sit right with me when it came to her, and after she explained her situation back home, I knew that she had a lot going home.

And maybe, despite me being known for my angry tendencies, we could be friends . . .

Maybe she could help me.