Chapter 8/(AKA Ending 1: The bad end)

Italy held America close as his breathing began to slow. He didn't want him to die here, he couldn't die here!

"Alfred, please, stay awake! Look at me, think of all your rabbit friends. All your happy memories! Don't die!" Tears fell from his cheeks as he kept shaking him. He was right. The infection had finally taken it's toll on Alfred's body.

His open wounds were full of puss and blood, making it impossible to eat. While the infection ate away at his body.

"I....had fun...Thank....you...for...everything....." Alfred smiled every so weakly. His eyes went dull, and he breathed his last.

Feliciano wheezed and wailed as he held Alfred's dead body. He had left, and now he was all alone. He cried, and cried.

But there was no one there to comfort Feliciano when he passed a few days later.

Their bodies sat there for a very long time.

When the groups meant to save their friends finally arrived in the caves, they went deeper down. The humid air made everyone more uncomfortable. As well as the rotting corpses.
Soon enough they reached the pit, and what they saw shocked them.

"No....we're too late....way too late..." Francis fell to his knees crying. He should have told Feliciano about Holy Rome, he should have helped Alfred when he saw the bruises. He should have fucking done something to help. But he didn't, just like the coward people say he is.

Matthew couldn't speak, he couldn't move. Only tears rolled down his face. Gilbert pulled him out, covering his eyes and holding him tight.

Ivan's eyes were wet with hot tears. He had always been able to twist something the way he wanted. His own country,The Baltics, even the world wars. Except Alfred, he had been something exciting. But when it was revealed the one he knew was a fake, he had to seek the real one out. But it seems, just in Alfred's fashion, he couldn't change his so called rivals outcome.

Ludwig, Kiku and Yao simply stared. They, like Matthew were silent. What was the point of coming down here, if there mission failed long ago? Was this some cruel trick the ancients had played on them? Had they known all along that the two happiest nations had died so long ago?

That's right dear reader, in the pit lay Alfred and Feliciano's skeletons. Wearing their old, rotting clothing. Feliciano's skeleton held Alfred's closely, as his seemed slightly newer compared to the American's.

The group, now thoroughly sad and depressed, went to leave, only to discover the cave was blocked. They were stuck. They had now been resigned to the same fate as their friends.

"Hooray.....sssssome new playthingssss...." The eldritch being cackled. It fed off of misery. And, might I add, the rest of the nation's fed it well.

Ending 1: Bad End: Lost Forever