Chapter 13: The Jolly Roger

Evie was jittery with excitement as the limousine made its way across the bridge to the Isle. This was it, she thought. She couldn't quite believe how she had remembered about the Jolly Roger but she was glad she did for that could be the key to mending her relationship with Harry. It was only a matter of minutes before she stood on Isle grounds and their hunt began for the mysterious wreckage of Captain Hook's infamous ship. Things were different now, easier as well. The trio didn't have to hide anymore from the public view. The barrier was down and the Isle had gone through extensive refurbishment. They could be free to walk the Isle for they were welcomed there again. They just didn't know where to look for the ship.

"Who could possibly know where the ship is? All the major villains that could know something have been shipped off to rehab and now the only people left to ask are drunken pirates who probably don't even know the barrier's been taken down," Carlos ranted for with each passing moment, he knew it was going to be practically impossible to wake up the next morning to go to class.

"Well, lucky for us, there is still one Hook living on the Isle," Evie beamed as they finally made it over the bridge.

"Harriet Hook," Mal quickly said. "It actually surprised me she stayed behind to take care of her father's shop."

"Same," Evie snickered as she got off the car and breathed in the peculiar smell of the Isle.

"Wait, wouldn't the ship technically belong to her seeing as she's the eldest?" Carlos questioned as he slung his bag over his shoulder. Evie was just going to have to deal with his skepticism throughout this whole trip. "What certainty do you have that she won't claim the ship for herself?"

"Harriet cares for nothing more than her siblings. If I tell her Harry's been having a hard time adjusting in Auradon then I bet she'll be glad to pass on the ship," Evie countered Carlos's criticism with a smile on her face. Carlos just rolled his eyes.

"Okay, how about we just go to the shop and see what happens?" Mal snarked, brushing past the two and heading towards the docks.

With every step they took, people came towards them to express their gratitude. Little kids looked up at Evie with wonderous eyes for they were finally free to cross over to Auradon whenever they pleased. Adults couldn't come up with more ways to say thank you to Mal. She could only nod and say that she will always have their best interests at heart but deep down, she for once felt good about herself and the choices she had made.

"Feels good, doesn't it?" Evie asked as she clutched onto Mal's hands. "We've been so wrapped up with making sure thing's run smoothly that we haven't paid attention to just how happy they are to be free."

"It does feel good," Mal confessed with a soft smile tugging at her lips.

They arrived at the shop and were confused to see it was closed for the night. That was unusual for the Hooks for being open meant business and business meant money.

"Now what?" Carlos said as he let his arms fall to the side of his body.

Evie looked around and began to hear a faint sound coming from further along the boardwalk. She managed to find the source of the sound and was delighted to find a brightly lit pub at the end, overflowing with pirates singing songs and chugging down beers.

"I have a feeling I know where Harriet is," Evie said as she drew the other two's eyes to the pub.

"Great," Mal took a deep breath, "a sea of drunk pirates."

"Let's go," Evie said as she began to strut down the boardwalk, turning once to gesture Mal and Carlos to come along. The pair exchanged a look before shooting Evie painful smiles and following the princess's trail.