𝕵𝖚𝖉𝖌𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝕮𝖗𝖎𝖙𝖊𝖗𝖎𝖆 2.0

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
Hello fellow Judges.
We want to thank you with all
of out hearts for the help you are
providing to this Award.
This is a guide for a fair scoring
and for what you should take in
consideration when scoring.
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

For the First Round - first impressions

⭐Read at least 7 chapters.
You can read more if you want to, but you are only obliged to read 7

⭐ In the Short Stories books, you NEED to read ALL chapters. They go directly to the finals, without passing the second round.

⭐You don't need to explain why you gave the scores you gave. You can, if you want to do little observations

⭐Only 5 books go to the second round.

For the Second Round - final consideration

⭐Read a minimum of 20 chapters.
You can read more if you want to, but you are only obliged to read 15
Also, not all books have more than 20 chapters, in this case, read all the chapters the book has until the end.

⭐You have to explain why you gave the scores you gave with at least a sentence each rank, minus the last one [First Impressions, Plot, Characters, Grammar, Writing Style]

⭐We choose the 3 best scores and considerations from each category.

RANK 1:
FIRST IMPRESSIONS (20 points)

Cover (5 points)

✔️Is it relevant to the story?

✔️Is it clean or is it too crowded?

✔️ Is it atractive to the eye?

Title (5 points)

✔️Is it inviting?

✔️Is pertinent with the story?

Synopsis (10 points)

✔️Does it give the right impression of the story?

✔️ Is confusing or clear?

✔️Does it give enough teasers about the plot & characters that makes readers want to read? Or is it too reavealing?

✔️Do you think it could be done better to fit the story?

RANK 2:
PLOT (50 points)

✔️Did the first chapters made you want to read more? And the continuing story?

✔️Is the writing smooth?

✔️Is anything rushed or too prolonged?

✔️Are there plot holes that interrupts the flow?

✔️Has good climax to make the readers get excited and anxious about the story?

✔️Is it an original, overused, cliché or unique plot? Note that even some clichés, if well written and told, can be enticing.

✔️Where the scenes relevant to the story?

✔️Where the scenes smooth and well inserted?

✔️If it has any flashbacks, different POV's or inside thoughts, were they well inserted in the story? Did you have trouble understanding it was a flashback/inside thought/change of POV?

✔️Does the plot throughout the story make sense? Is it confusing?

✔️Is the text choppy in any way?

RANK 3
CHARACTERS (10 points)

✔️Did the characters individual stories made you feel anything?

✔️Were their emotions and reactions understandable and identifiable?

✔️Are the characters well presented?

✔️Do you feel their presentation is lacking or is overdone?

✔️Do you think the insertion of the characters where smooth?

✔️Are the characters realistic? Do you feel that the readers could connect with the characters?

✔️Did you noticed an evolution (or setback) in the characters? If yes, where those changes justifiable and well displayed or it was a sudden development/regression?

RANK 4:
GRAMMAR (10 points)

✔️Had too many spelling or grammar errors that made the reader lose focus? Or just some mistakes that don't make a difference in the flow of the reading?

✔️Are the tenses linear or the author switched between tenses? Were the switching justifiable or was a mistake?

✔️Where the punctuation marks well placed and well used?

RANK 5:
WRITING STYLE (10 points)

Choice of words 2

✔️Does the choice of words convey the meaning well?

✔️Is the choice of words repetitive?

✔️Are used unique and more flowery wording or just the plain, simple, daily choice of words?

✔️If the wording is more complex, do you think it makes the story tiring to read?

Dialogue between characters 3

✔️Are the dialogues relevant to the story?

✔️Do the things said in dialogues make you feel something?

✔️Are the dialogues confusing or messy, like you don't know who said what? Or are they well named/explained?

Descriptions 5

✔️Does the author over or under-describe?
If under, do you think it's lacking or has the right amount of description.
If it's over, do you think it cuts the flow of the reading, making it boring and overly long, or are the long descriptions necessary or even interesting?

RANK 6:
OVERALL (no points, just comments)

✔️Would you recommend this story? Add to your favorites?

✔️Would you read if you came across with the book?

✔️If it's a complete book, do you thought the ending made sense, made you at peace with the story or it was revolting because 1) didn't made any sense, 2) left you frustrated because you were expecting something different.

If it's the second, leaving out the frustration, it was an ending that made sense?

✔️If it's an ongoing book, would you keep reading as a reader and not as a judge?

✔️Were you excited while reading or it was just a book you wanted to get done with? It it's the second, was it because it isn't your style, or because you didn't like the story?

✔️Where the authors participative with the readers? Did they left notes and/or answered the comments?

TOTAL 100 points

The final winners will be evaluated not only by their scores but also by the comments the judges make and by specific scores. 
We will give priority for better points at: Rank 2, Rank 3 and some points from Rank 4 like: choice of words and description.

For a more fair decision, since not all judges judge all books from one category, we will do the following calculation:

Score Judge 1 + SJ 2 + SJ 3 
                           _________________________  = Final Score
Number of judges