Chapter 1

Oak bounded through the halls of the palace with Heather right on his heels. "Oak! Come back here with my phone," she screamed but to no avail. Oak had already ducked into his room and locked the doors. Heather wouldn't give up so easily though and so she started banging on the door to his room and demanding him to give her back the phone. 

From somewhere down the hall, a door opened. It was Tatterfell. She came rushing down the hall and stopped right by where Heather was still shouting at Oak. "Oak! Open the door right now and give Heather her phone back!"

"No!" Came the reply from inside the room. "I'm not done playing Call of Duty and I have to finish this level!" Tatterfell sighed and taking a key from her pocket, slipped it into the lock. The door swung open and Heather ran inside, snatching her phone from Oak's little hands.

"You can play Call of Duty later!" Heather told him. "Right now, you have to get ready to leave. We are going to an arcade in the mortal world to play laser tag," she told him. At those words, Oak looked up at her from where he had been sulking on the floor.

"Laser tag?" He asked with some enthusiasm. Oak was very fond of laser tag; he thought himself to be a master of the game.

"Yes," Heather replied, "but we can only go if you hurry up and change." Oak jumped up off of the ground and ran to his closet where he kept a handful of graphic tees, jeans and sneakers. He picked out a plain black tee-shirt, dark blue denim jeans, and black sneakers.

"Get dressed and meet us downstairs in fifteen minutes." Said Heather, then she turned around and walked to her room to get ready.