Chapter 9

In the end, Jude's team won the game, but not without a fight. As they were walking out of the arcade, Cardan looked over at Jude. "Good game, Jude," he said. She looked over at him and smirked. "What?" he asked her. 

"Nothing," she replied, "just thinking." She smiled at him. "What do you say the two of us go and get milkshakes?"

"Milkshakes?" asked Cardan. "Why would I want shaken milk?" At that comment, Jude laughed. 

"No silly," she said, "it is the word for a sugary ice cream drink." 

"Did I just hear you refer to milkshakes as shaken milk?" asked Vivi. "That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard."

"Leave me alone Vivi! I never grew up in the mortal world," Cardan said. "Plus, mortals have strange names for everything. Take pizza for example. Why not just call it a savory pie?"

"A savory pie," echoed Jude. "Actually, that one makes sense. Back to my question though, do you or don't you want to come with me?"

"Of course Darling," responded Cardan. "I would love to go get this strange and magical milk drink."

"Ok!" said Jude. "We will meet you back in Elfhame," she told Vivi and Heather.

"Alright," said Heather, "you two have fun!"

"But not too much fun," said Vivi, " I have a severe fear of missing out." she joked. "I'd hate to know that a lot of fun can happen without me."

Jude and Cardan both laughed before walking off together. "They are so cute," said Heather as the couple walked off in the direction of the diner. 

"Aren't they though?" responded Vivi.

A/N: Hello everyone! I am back, (hopefully for real this time.) I am so sorry that I have not posted in so long. I just wanted to let you all know how thankful I am for all of the nice comments! Seeing people enjoy my writing has really helped me out recently. I'm sorry that this chapter is so short, but I really didn't have many ideas for this one. I will make the next chapter nice and long for you all and there will be lots of Jarden (I think that that is their ship name, someone please correct me if I'm wrong because it's midnight here and I'm too tired to think right now) fluff so please stay tuned! Thank you again for all of the support and kind words! Love you guys!

-Lizzy