Chapter 2

"Cardan what are you wearing?" Jude asked him, tone full of shock.

"I'm wearing mortal clothing." He replied matter-of-factly. "What makes you ask? Would you rather me wear my robes and crown?"

"Of course not," responded Jude "but everyone and their dog could see you under the black lights that they have in there! It's really hard to hide in the shadows when you are wearing a white tee-shirt and neon pink pants! Those will glow you know."

Cardan sighed and dramatically flopped himself down onto the king-sized bed that sat in the center of the room. "Since when did you care what outfit I wore to the mortal world?" He asked rolling over on his side to face her.

"Since you could possibly be on my team in the laser tag arena and I will probably be standing next to you the whole time. I don't want you to get us both wiped out by the other team."

He smirked at her. "I'm glad you are so concerned for my safety my queen." he said in a teasing voice. "I'm happy you care"

"Don't let it get to your head you idiot," she said though a hint of a smile played at her lips.

"You are bold to assume that it hasn't already." This time she laughed and flopped down next to him on the bed. She rolled over so she was facing him and she looked into his piercing black eyes.

"Can you please just change?" She asked him batting her eyelashes dramatically at him. He rolled his eyes a smile forming on his lips.

"Sweet Jude, you are my dearest punishment, and my greatest annoyance." He said smiling. Then without another word, he planted a kiss on her forehead and got up to get changed.