Thanksgiving Special

just republishing this chapter I wrote ages ago. happy thanksgiving :)

This is my first real holiday special! I started writing this story over the summer, so I haven't really experienced a holiday with my story. 😁 I didn't want to do Halloween bc some people (like myself) do not celebrate Halloween.

When it comes to holidays, the holiday specials will have nothing to do with the actual storylines. They will be a completely separate short story.

ALSO. IMPORTANT NOTE.

I already KNOW Thanksgiving is an American holiday. I already KNOW bnha takes place in Japan. Which means I already KNOW that this story is technically impossible.

But it's Thanksgiving, so give me a friggin' BREAK 😭

This is also a sort of prize/reward for 2K! I can't believe we've gotten this far...
( ͡ಥ ͜ʖ ͡ಥ)
Anyways, I hope you enjoy this Todomomo short story! Remember, anything that has happened in this book so far has nothing to do with this.

P.S. - If you want a Thanksgiving vibe while reading this story, change the color of the page to tan. Idk how to do that on a computer, but if you're on a mobile device, just go to the Aa in the top right-hand corner of the screen. Then you just click on the tan color. This is totally optional! If you don't like it, that's okay!

Enjoy! 😉

᯽ Yaoyorozu ᯽

I walked down the streets holding a blue umbrella over my head. It was Thanksgiving, so I was taking a walk outside.

I looked up at the sky. Even though it was only about 4:00 PM, it was dark outside.
It was also raining hard. Very hard.

I should probably hurry up and go home.

I started to walk faster, burying my face in the collar of my jacket to conserve warmth. I was so focused on getting home that I didn't notice someone in front of me.

My head hit something, making me lose my balance. I fell backward onto the cold gravel beneath me.

"Ouch..." I mumbled.

"Excuse me Yaoyorozu, are you okay?" someone asked.

I jerked my head up, recognizing the voice.

It was Todoroki. He was holding a light gray umbrella with a brown coat and rain boots. His face was twisted with worry.

I blinked for a moment, then got to my senses and started to get up.

"Yes, I'm okay—"

Then suddenly I slid in a puddle, throwing me off my balance once again.

I covered my face with my hands, ashamed that I couldn't even stand up without embarrassing myself.

This is so humiliating.

"Uh, sorry," I said, not even knowing what I was apologizing for.

"There's no need for you to apologize," he replied coolly. He came to my right side and squatted beside me.

"Is it alright if I help you?"

"U-um, yeah," I stuttered.

Todoroki slid his right arm around my waist and draped my left arm over his shoulders. He stood up, keeping a firm hold on me.

Once I was standing up straight, I immediately started thanking him.

"Thank you so much, Todoroki. I'm sorry I bumped into you and wasted your time."