02 - a special project

Momo didn't have the courage to face Todoroki over the weekend, so she decided to wait until Monday to talk to him. 

I'll talk to him soon, Momo thought.

However, Monday came much faster than she expected. She soon found herself glued to her seat as the bell rang, signaling the end of the day. She watched as Todoroki stood up from his seat and made his way to the door.

Oh well, she thought nervously. Guess I'll have to do it tomorrow.

"Todoroki, Yaoyorozu, could you come to my desk for a minute please?" Mr. Aizawa asked.

Momo practically fell out of her seat. "U-uh, yes sir!" she exclaimed, while Todoroki simply nodded. They walked to the front row of the class and sat down in two empty seats.

"Did you both have time to look through the packets together?" he prompted. They looked at each other, then shook their heads. Neither of them had even opened it. Mr. Aizawa sighed, then ran his hands through his hair.

"Well, I doubt you would've understood it on your own, so I might as well explain everything."

He pulled up a chair from an empty desk and folded his arms. It was a little intimidating how serious he was, but Momo and Todoroki tried not to show it.

"I assume you know about the League Of Villains infiltrating Shiketsu and posing as one of their students?"

They nodded. Everyone knew about it; it was a big deal.

"Well, the school faculty of Shiketsu and U.A. have decided to work together in terms of sharing information and details on the League. It'll help both schools with security and knowledge."

Momo nodded hesitantly. While it was true she understood the events that involved the League of Villains, she failed to see how this involved them.

Todoroki seemed to be thinking the same thing as well, because he interrupted Mr. Aizawa.

"What does this have to do with Yaoyorozu and I?" he asked.

Mr. Aizawa sat up straighter and put his hands on his knees. "You two have a very important job, so listen up." 

"For this alliance to work, the students have to be willing to collaborate with each other. Unfortunately, the students on U.A. and Shiketsu have some sort of rivalry and can't seem to get along."

Rivalry is putting it lightly, Momo thought. She personally had nothing against them, but the majority of her classmates held a grudge against Shiketsu. 

"The staff of both schools have decided that an event should be organized to bring the students together." He made sure to make eye contact with both of them before saying, "And you two will be planning it."

Momo blinked, not registering what Mr. Aizawa said. They were going to plan it? Together? 

Todoroki, on the other hand, calmly nodded his head and said, "Yes sir." He snuck a glance at Yaoyorozu. She was nodding towards Mr. Aizawa, but she looked very nervous. 

She doesn't want to work with me, he thought dejectedly. He sighed inwardly. Nothing I can do about that.

It was actually the opposite. Momo couldn't believe she got to work with Todoroki! This project was the perfect way to get to know him better. 

And for him to forget all the embarrassing mistakes I've made, she thought regretfully. 

She couldn't keep still in the slightest, but forced her fidgeting to stop as their teacher elaborated.

"Shiketsu students are currently doing their exams right now, as are the 2nd and 3rd years here," he continued. "Our staff has already tried brainstorming ideas, but we haven't come up with anything worth spending money on."