Chapter 4

TW: Cussing, gore kinda?? Not really but bruising and shit and uhhhhhh ur mom

————
(What. The. Fuck.)

     "Morning V. No. Don't stand up, I know you don't like them but they're injured. Don't give me that look, sit back down and rest. That was a big burst on energy and I don't want you getting hurt."
     Virgil couldn't get a word in, as Patton read his mind. And he was right, Virgil was not happy with the situation.
"Dad. He literally tried to kill me. And you're just gonna help him?" Virgil sat up anyway, ignoring his father to look at the two men across the room.
"Virgil it's my job to take care of anyone who needs help. That's what I do for a living I can't just leave them on their own while they're injured from a magic attack. Barely anyone knows how to heal those anymore." He gave his son the classic, 'this isn't up for discussion' look.
He continued to mix some herbs or something together I don't know shit about medicine he's doing some fucking magic type shit don't ask me.
"Wh-what happened?" A groggy Roman slowly sat up, only to wince and be pushed back down by Patton. And Virgil saw the full effect of what he'd done to him.
Bruises littered his face and chest, and he had stitches on his forehead. And there was a lot of them.
"Don't move too much, you took the worst of it and the stitches might come out, I had to do them quick so they're not very sucre." He looked at Patton confusedly, but didn't move much. Though he did look to the side, and saw Virgil.
Before he could speak the shorter boy left the room. He hated that he caused all that. He hated it and he couldn't look at it.
     All his life he'd been called a monster. And looking at what he'd done to Roman, granted he kinda deserved, it made him feel like one.
     "Guys!!!!! Virgil's back!!!" A tiny child screamed, dropping his basket of flowers and running up to Virgil, not seeing nor caring about his distraught state.
     "Oh! Hey guys, what'd I miss?" He bent down to address the small crowd that had formed, and every child began babbling all at once. Like fucking idiots. Children can't do anything I swear to god.
     Virgil however, didn't mind. He sat on the ground and listened, best he could. He nodded and laughed and smiled. His troubles seeming to fade away for the time being.
     In the kingdoms he's dared venture too, he's a monster. A villain. Something to be feared. Children are told horror stories of him. But what people didn't know, was when you gave him a chance, he was a really sweet guy. Sure he was snarky and a little mean, but that's not what defines him.
     That's all he needs. A chance. Too bad Princey doesn't plan on giving him one. Bastard.

—————————
Whoa sup y'all. It's been a hot minute- uh- sorry? I haven't written in almost a year I think? I lowkey forgot about this book and highkey went though some character development of my own- so like- my styles changed a bit but I'm still trying to write the same ig??????? I don't really know- anyways sorry that this sucks I haven't touched it in so long and sorry that I didn't I guess- hope y'all are doing okay! 2020's been pretty stressful for everyone. Anyways have a nice night/day