raft

5:30. eventide island, hyrule

"link?!"

"aabbbbggggggg"

"WHERE ARE YOU-

LINK!"

"sgahhhsgah"

link dove headfirst at an armored porgy, missed, and splashed around like a toddler with floaties on. I sighed and placed my face into my palm.

suddenly, the noise stopped.

link?

i looked back, and he wasn't there.

"LI-"

he was drowning.

I dove into the water and swam downwards. porgies and salmon started away from me as i desperately tried to reach link's sinking body.

i wrapped my arms around his chest and hoisted him onto the boat. link was surprisingly light for his strength.

he wasn't unconscious, he just looked extremely stoned.

"hhdg. i missed a fish."

"LINK! don't scare me like that!"

"hha ahha ha."

i brushed your fingers through his blonde locks, trying to detangle the wet mop.

"i llooveyooou."

"i love you too,link."

i smiled and gazed into his baby blue eyes. they looked like the sky's touch on a warm summer morning. these eyes that coaxed me through my pain. I held the man who i loved so dearly, as he acted like a complete idiot.

"heheee LOOK A FISHey!" he screeched and tried to wiggle out of my arms.

link was high on almost drowning. i-

i gripped his waist tightly, feeling the warmth of his body. he calmed and flopped against the raft.

"are you all better, link?"

"s...sorry, yeah."

"what happened there?"

"i tried to catch a fish. but an oktorok didn't like that."

as i patted his head, i felt the slight bump the rock had left.

"oh, link. . ."

i held him close to my chest.

i held him, i held him, i held him.