Chapter 6: Fishing Game

"Since there's more people, and dragons, we can turn the game into a challenge. Catch as many fish as you can, if they're edible, they count. If they're not, put them back. The one with the most fish, wins." Hiccup explained as Dak got on Winger and Leyla got on Summer. Everyone stood on the cliff above the ocean. 

"Aren't you going to play?" Dak asked Hiccup. 

"Wish we could but Toothless can't fly without me at the moment. His self-working prosthetic tail was ruined in the storm. Maybe we could play again when I have the materials to fix it." Hiccup offered. The twins smiled sadly before Hiccup started counting down from ten. Once he hit one, everyone flew down to the ocean from the cliff to grab fish. Toothless and Hiccup sat down where they previously stood. 

"Hello there, Chief!" A friendly voice called out from behind them. They both turned around to see Hannahr holding a lump of brown material. "Our usual delivery arrived a little earlier than normal. Would this be enough?" 

"Plenty! Thank you so much, Hannahr." Hiccup thanked the viking woman as he stood up and took the material. 

"No problem, anytime." Hannahr smiled and waved as she walked back to her workshop. 

"I'm gonna go grab all the other supplies so I can get started on your tail. It won't be as good as your last one but it'll be good enough to fly home with. Then I'll give you the proper tail we have at home." Hiccup said before he went to the Roost and came back with everything he needed. He sat down next to Toothless and began to work. A few minutes later, Toothless decided to get some water from the Roost. As he was walking back, he caught sight of three dragons closing in on Hiccup, who was facing the ocean so he had no idea what was behind him. 

"Hiccup!" Toothless yelled. To Hiccup, it only came out as a roar. But that was enough to alarm the man of what was happening. The others looked up to the top of the cliff and saw Hiccup standing on the side of the cliff with his arms out. His back towards them. Toothless began running over to his viking. 

But just before he got there, Hiccup was pushed off by the three dragons that they had seen when they were making their first trip to Huttsgalor. Toothless got closer to the dragons and roared loudly. The three slinkwings jumped out of the way but the night fury wasn't going for them. 

Dak, Leyla and the other dragons gasped from down below. "The Chief!" Leyla exclaimed. As Hiccup fell, Toothless fell after him. He tucked his wings in to increase his speed and he caught Hiccup just before he spread his wings again to glide over the water. Although, he couldn't rise back up. So he held onto Hiccup with his four legs as they both got closer to the water. The dragon kept ahold of the viking as their bodies crashed through the water's surface. A few seconds later, they both popped their heads out of the water to see everyone with relieved facial expressions. Even though Hiccup couldn't understand dragons, he knew that Toothless wasn't going to let him out of his sight. Or at least until he's certain that those three slinkwing dragons wouldn't be coming back. 

They made their way back to where everyone else was. As they emerged from the water, Dak and Leyla checked on both of them. They were fine, but once everyone looked up to the cliff that the two friends fell down from, they saw the three slinkwings that they found when they were leading Hiccup and Toothless to Huttsgalor. Toothless snarled.

"Those dragons cause the village a lot of trouble, I presume." Hiccup noted. 

"Yeah, they can be a bit difficult from time to time." Leyla admitted. 

"But it's nothing the rescue riders can't handle! Especially with Winger's megablast!" Dak explained. Hiccup seemed impressed. 

"A megablast? Sounds interesting. Any chance I could see it sometime?" He asked politely. The twins nodded excitedly, specifically Dak. And even Winger. As the humans and dragons made their way back to the Roost, Toothless had to climb up the cliff due to his tail not working (which everyone was impressed by), the others carried all the fish they would have for dinner. Summer and Leyla won the challenge, of course, because of Summer's incredibly fast swimming. 

Once they got back, the sun was almost gone. They collected all their fish and started to cook some for Hiccup, Dak and Leyla while the dragons ate them raw. Toothless, obviously ate the most. Only just passing Burple. While everyone ate, Hiccup continued to work on Toothless' temporary prosthetic tail. The twins explained to the chief of Berk that there was an island they wanted to show them tomorrow. And a specific older dragon they wanted to introduce them to, especially Toothless.