Chapter 10: Stories

Hours passed before Hiccup and Toothless arrived home. Toothless landed on Berk, on the side of the island a little further away from the village but still in view of where the Berkians were, and lowered himself to let Hiccup slide off his back. Hiccup faced his best friend and smiled. "I'm glad we got to spend these days hanging out together, bud." He stated. "Hopefully we can go to Huttsgalor again and visit the Rescue Riders." Toothless made happy dragon noises and raised his head before gently head-butting his human companion and hugging him just like he did the last time they had to say goodbye. 

"I'll see you around, bud." Hiccup smiled sadly as he scratched the night fury under his chin. Toothless purred before returning the smile. He raised his wings and leaped into the air. He looked back to his human friend and roared happily. Hiccup waved goodbye as his dragon friend flew back to his home, the Hidden World. 

"Daddy!" Children voices called out from a distance behind Hiccup. Hiccup turned around and faced two young kids who ran up to him at full speed. 

"Hey guys!" He called as they collided with him and fell to the ground in a laughing heap. The kids giggled as Hiccup tickled them. "Did you miss me?" He asked. They laughed, which revealed their answer. 

"We thought we'd never see you again!" Nuffink explained. 

"He thought we'd never see you again. I tried to tell him you were coming back but he wouldn't listen and-" Zephyr interrupted before Hiccup pulled her into a tighter hug. 

"Of course you knew I'd come back, Zephyr. Always the smart one." He said, purposely letting Nuffink hear. 

"Hey!" Nuffink exclaimed playfully as he jumped onto his dad. 

"Make sure you don't break your dads back before he's able to hug your mum first." Astrid interrupted. Hiccup looked up and placed his children beside him. He smiled gently as he walked closer to his wife. He wasted no time in placing his lips on hers and giving her a passionate kiss. 

"I missed you." He said in a satisfied sigh. 

"I didn't even notice you were gone." Astrid said as she smirked. Hiccup laughed and leant her down into a dip as he kissed her again. Disgusted sounds and gags were heard behind them. Hiccup released Astrid before he growled and chased his children in a joking way. 

The four of them made their way back down to the village of Berk. The vikings in the village waved and cheered at the sight of their Chief returning home. Gobber ran up to Hiccup as he called his name out in delight. 

"HICCUP!" He cried as he hugged the younger viking. "I'm so glad you're back. I don't think I would've been able to deal with all these angry vikings for much longer. Especially Astrid- oh, Astrid! Didn't see you there!" He said sarcastically, although he secretly included a small percentage of honesty. 

"I've missed you too, Gobber." Hiccup laughed as he saw Astrid lightly smack Gobber on the back of his head before placing Hiccup's chief animal fur cloak on his back. Hiccup smiled at her and picked up Zephyr as Astrid picked up Nuffink. 

"It's good to be home." 

------------------------------------------------------------

Toothless made it to the entrance of his home and began his way down into the deep hole in the ocean. Not long after his arrival, many dragons roared at the sight of their king. They followed the alpha as he flew towards the giant glowing stone that stood in the centre of the Hidden World. All the dragons now knew of his presence. They roared before taking their places at the bottom of the glowing stone. 

Toothless' wife, a light fury, landed next to him. She purred as she placed her head under his chin. Their children, the night lights, came flying down in front of their father. They chipped in glee, excited to see their dad had returned safely. Toothless nuzzled his wife and children before stretching his wings and roaring loudly to officially announce that he was home. All the dragons below the royal family bowed to him before they all dispersed, including the fury family. 

The family made their way to a secluded area where they normally hung out away from other dragons. 

"So where did you go with Sneeze?" 

"'Sneeze'? It's Yawn!" 

"What are you guys talking about? His name's Hiccup!" The three night lights argued over what Toothless' human friends name was. (I should be a comedian... XD) Toothless and the light fury laughed at their children's attempts at finding the correct name. 

"You're right, it is Hiccup. And we flew all the way over to this island where we found a small village with a group of dragons and humans called the 'Rescue Riders'. They helped Hiccup and I when we crash landed on their island so we helped them get rid of some dragons who were annoying the village. We just scared them off." Toothless explained his trip with Hiccup to his family as he winked to his children when saying 'scared them off'. 

And what he didn't know was that his best friend was also telling stories of their trip to his family. They both admitted that they missed each other very much and will definitely be going on other adventures together. 

But that's for another story. 

A/N

Wow. Finally finished. 

I'm so so so sorry that it took so long and I know it's a short chapter but I hope you guys enjoyed the story! I have a few ideas for a sequel but I'm not sure if I should make one. 

Let me know what you thought and leave some suggestions for the possible sequel. 

Thanks for reading and I hope this book made this year a little more bearable. 

- Chalupa