Chapter 4

It's Morning and Daryl's eyes flutter open.

"It's good to see you up again." he hears Rick say and looks down. Hershal is standing, leaning on a crutch and Rick is shaking his Hand.

"Only for your fast thinking, i owe you." Hershel says.

"Don't be ridiculous. I did what i had to do." Hershel nods.

Daryl looks up to The cell on The end of the row and wonders if she is up yet.

With a Groan he pushes off and walks over. When he Sees the clothes in The corner he hurriedly looks under The bed. There She is in pink jammies and a blanket, fast asleep. He straightens and picks up The clothes. He walks out to be Met with  carol.

"I wanted to Check on her." She says.

"She is still asleep." he grumbles  and pushes the clothes into her Arms.

Her face lights up like a candle and she hurries down to go wash them. Daryl rolls his eyes  and pushes his cot into the cell to free the way.

He walks down and sits on The table with the others. They eat and then all go after their Business.

"don't overdo it daddy. Steady, steady." Beth says as she helps her father down the stairs with Glen and Maggie. The door closes and opens again.

"Is She up yet?" carol asks and Rick answers with no.

"Kid's been up pretty Long. Heard her Till Late night. Leave her be." Rick says from his Spot at the table.

"Dad!" Carl sreams and his boots pound on the Metal upstairs as he runs.

Daryls Head snaps up and sees where he came from. He never noticed him go there. Carl leans over The railing with panick on his face.

"What is it ?!" Rick demands and carl motions them to Come up. The three run up the stairs and carl
sets off to run to her cell again but Daryl catches him by the back of his collar.

"Hold it there Tiger. Why dont'chu tell us whats gotten you so rattled?" Daryl asks and Carl swipes his Hand off of him and turns to Rick.

"She has a Faver dad! She's infected!" Carl says with a frown. Carol gasps and Covers her mouth and Daryl gives her a Warning frown.

"Carl, i want you to Go and get Hershel." Rick says calmly.

"But Dad-" he goes to protest but Rick fixes him with a pointed stare. With a huff Carl goes off to get Hershel.

Rick Sets of to the cell but Daryl reaches for his arm out of reflex. He looks at carol and she shakes her head, afraid to get near the Girl. Afraid of loss allover again.

Daryl is fumming. 'Selfish bitch!' He wants to hiss but instead he walks to the cell. Rick follows and carol hurries into her own cell. Daryl Lifts the matress to have a Look at the kid.

Sure enough her cheeks are redend in faver. He then leans down and carefully Grabs her by the biceps. He goes to pull her from under the bed and in that moment she wakes up.

With panick ridden eyes She shoves at daryls Hand. "Whats going on?! Let me Go!" She says But daryl pulls her out all the way.

Rick touches her forehead and She slaps his Hand away. She is back to survival Mode, like when they found her.

"You tricked me!" She slaps daryl.

"Shes burning up!" Rick growls and daryl glares at him.

downstairs the door bangs Open and daryl picks the struggling Girl up. They hurry downstairs as the others hurry in.

Daryl puts the kid on The table and Hershel limps over.  

"Ley down. Come on." daryl says to her so that Hershel can See Whats wrong with her.

"No. Let me Go. Let me-" She gritts and tries to shrug daryls hands off her shoulders.

Hershel comes Next to daryl.
"Okey. All good now. I know we haven't met but I'm Hershel and I am a doctor. A vet to be exact. I just want to see what we can do for you. Nothing to be scared." he says with Kind eyes and calm voice.

Daryl manages to Ley her down and Hershel looks in the girls mouth, ears and eyes. He touches her troat and checks her tonsils.
"Tell me How You're feeling."

"i- cold, my Muscels are sore. And my eyes hurt to open." She pants as she tries to sit up again but daryl has her nailed down with his underarm across her chest.

"We have to Check her! what if She was Bit? You were there! You saw her. In The middle of that many Walkers. She is a kid! There is No w-" Glen says in Panik.

"Shut the hell up!" daryl gritts as everyone takes a step away from the Girl.

"No, daryl. He is right. It was a Risk and Ignoring the signs is only dumb." Rick says.

"W-What? No, i wasn't bit! I swear!" The girl says struggling against daryl.

Rick steps to her side and pulls her shirt up. "stop! Let go! Get away from me!!" The Girl screams bloody murder and Kicks her leg's trying to Hit Rick. When Rick sees Nothing on her chest, he catches her legs.

"Rick! Rick! You're going to far Look at The kid!" daryl says while Holding said kid down. But only so the kid doesn't fall of the table.

"Rick enough!" he yells as the Girl becomes Stiff as a bord.
"No, no, no, no, stop, no" She mumbles.

"Sorry daryl, but Safety comes first. We can't Risk it. I can't." Rick says as he stops to sternly look daryl in the eyes.

He then pulls each Pant leg up and examines tem for any sighns. They are also clear. The Girl is still Chanting and Rick turns her face down on the table.

She goes to push up But glen steps in and Nails her head to The table.

"Rick!" daryl growls  But Rick shoves him off he looks at The Girls face and in reads pure terror. Daryl is Frozen to The ground as he Sees her eyes Looking absent. Like She isn't Mentally there.

"Please im sorry. Don't do this." The Girl whispers as a tear Rolls out of her eye. I but it's the gasps and Rick stepping away from her that make him snap out. 'Was She bit?' He looks at her exposed back.

There is No bite but mutible burn Marks in The Form of circules. 'Cigar burns' he knows.

The Girl is panting and her eyes are squeezes shut as if she was waiting. Waiting for the familiar pain. When Nothing happenes She opens them again and she isn't at Home anymore. Not on their stained couch at Home with her fathers friend Holding her down and her father Lighting up his cigar. She is with these people. People She doesnt know. And now She is scared again. They saw. They know she is damaged. That she is bad.

Glens Hands are not Holding her as strogly anymore so she pushes up and Swings her closed fist around, nailing him by The Temple. With a groan he Stumbles back and the girl makes a dash. She runs out The door barefoot with a high faver.

Daryl snaps out of it and runs after her. Carol and the others follow while Hershel stays back with Glen.

"Shes going for The Gate!" carol screams in Horror. The girl rams into the Gate with force, mailing it rattle. The gravel on The floor cuts into her feet but she is running on survival Instinkt.

She has to get away. She has to get to her camp. To her father. she rips the havy fencegate Open and narrowly escapes daryls grasp She Dashes for The Woods "No!" carol screams in terror feeling the dejavu.