Chapter 10

With a big gasp Sam opens her eyes. She is greeted by the, all to familiar underside of the mattress that has that giant stain on it.

She gathers herself and shakes off the nightmare and roles out from under her bed.

"Still sleepin' down there huh?"
A voice makes her snap her head up to the entrance to her cell.

Daryl is leaning against the bars outside of her cell with his arms crossed in front of him.

"Still 'n desperate need of a haircut, huh?" She grumbles back making sure to emphasize the 'huh' at the end.

Daryl pushes of the railing with a low chuckle at her remark.

"One minute." He says shortly.

Sam frowns at him and straightens.

"For wha' ?" She drawls, sleep still in her voice.

"One minute to get ready or else I'm leavin' yer ass here." He says and walks of with an hidden smirk.

He hears some shuffling from her cell and soon her hurried steps behind him.

"Wait! I'm done!" She calls after him.

Daryl turns around to see her messy hair and clothes. With a light smile he ruffles her already tangled hair and she slaps his hand away.

"Wash up. Rick and the others will be leavin' any minute now." He tells her and she takes of down the stairs to go to the washroom.

Sam washes her face and rinses her mouth. Just as she wants to run out Carol walks inside.

"Hey there, hold up sweetie

"Hey there, hold up sweetie." Carol says with a smile and stops her by the arm.

"Wha'?" Sam asks confused and already impatient to go to the others.

"Let me fix your hair first then you can go." Carol tells her.

Sam jumps up a bit so that she can take a glimpse at herself in the mirror.

"It's fine." She says confused and tries to walk of.

Carol stops her again.

"Please?" Carol pleads with her and with a huff Sam agrees to let her hair get fixed.

Carol pulls her hair band off and takes out comb from her back-pocket.

"Ouch. It hurts!" Sam grumbles.

"Because it's so tangled. If you do it at least every night and morning it won't be as bad." Carol explains and Sam only shrugs.

After brushing her hair she puts it in a new ponytail.

"Done." Carol says and takes a step back.

Sam immediately rushes to the door but stops just she is about to run out. She hesitates at first but then she faces Carol.