Chapter 13

Daryl walks over to Rick and inspects what they got out of their trip.

"You got all this out of the sheriff's office?" Daryl asks in disbelieve.

"No. It was run dry when we got there. But we ran into an old friend. This is not even half of what he had." Rick tells him.

They start to load off the cars boot and fall into conversation.

Carl lets down what he was holding and with stealthy steps backs off from the two.

When he is far enough, he picks up his speed and goes inside.

Beth is the first to greet him and Carl continues on with a short nod, making her raise a brow while jumping Judith on her hip.

Carl looks around the cell-block and sees Maggie helping Hershal, who is insisting that he is fine.

His last resort is the girls personal cell and he makes his way up the stairs.

Throughout his short journey he hears a clanking sound and the closer he gets to his destination the more profound it gets.

Stoping just in front of the cell, he rechecks his back pocket if the item is still in it. With the reassuring feel of it's outline pressing through his pocket, he steps to the cell door.

Inside he sees Sam who is doing something with her skateboard over and over again, seeming to fail at what she is trying to do. He lets her jump up a last time, the board goes up with her, she gives it a twist in the air and after lands on it again but with the upside facing down. She huffs and Carl clears his throat.

Carl smiles and she gives a monotone "oh, ye'r back." making Carl stop at pulling the highly requested batteries out of his pocket.

"Yes, we just saw eachother outside. We came nearly at the same time." Carl frowns.

"Sorry, didn't see ya." She shrugs and flips her board on the right side again.

"What's up?" Carl asks and shows his hands into his front pockets.

"Nothin' " She moves her board back and forth with one foot.

"Something happened, obviously." Carl raises his brow.

The girl says nothing in return and Carl breathes out.

"Whatever, guess you don't want these then." He shrugs and pulls out the pack of batteries and holds them up.

Sam turns her head to look at what Carl means and her eyes widen.

The board rolls away from under her food and she steps up to Carl.

"Ya found some!" She exclaims, her mood lighting up instantly.

Carl's lips curl up further at the now less grumpy girl and gives her the pack.

"Nearly lost my arm getting them but, you know..." he shrugs smugly and sits down on the bed.

Sam looks at him, Carl chuckles. She plops down next to him and punches his side.

"Okey, Okey! I'll tell you." Carl rolls his eyes playfully.

He tells her how the walker griped his arm in the small store and how Michonne took care of it. He also tells her that Michonne isn't so bad after all and that she fits in pretty good with their little Group.

"Soo...will you ever tell me what you needed batteries for? After all I went trough all the lengths to get them." Carl says after a while and Sam fumbles with the edges of the little pack.

She gives the boy next to her an unsure look and sees his eager eyes.

"Fine." She drawls and rolls her eyes.
She slides off he bed and gives Carl a long stare.