Prologue: Please Note

Four years ago, the UNSC encountered an enemy beyond anything we’ve ever imagined. First, on the surface of an unknown planet, again on a Sangheili flagship. Both times, the survivors barely escaped with their lives. I happen to be one of those survivors from both incidents, but we’ll get to that later. We thought we had gotten rid of them for good, but we didn’t stop to think. Where did those things come from? They crash landed an old Weyland Industries ship from a planet we only recently discovered, but by then it was too late. It’s funny... The alliance with the Sangheili race was starting to fall apart, but then we rediscovered an enemy worse than the Covenant. The Xenomorphs. The files I personally posted read that they are ‘Large, midnight black creatures. They often have spines producing from their exoskeletons, and their crest size will vary from subspecies to subspecies. They appear to lack eyes, and their way of seeing is beyond my knowledge. They have a dangerous blade on their tail, a second set of jaws as their tongue, and acid for blood.’ All the rest you need to know, you will find in books. You see, Xenomorphs disappeared for so long before my first encounter that they became a legend, a story you tell your children. Let me tell you, they are no legend. They are real, alive, and dangerous. As the only living human who has survived two encounters with this race, I, along with my wife, have been chosen to found an organisation devoted entirely to tracking these creatures down and wiping them out. That was a year ago. Now, we have found the last of them, their final and strongest hive ever. Unfortunately, we cannot use our previous strategy of nuking the shit out of their planets, as they have located themselves in a Forerunner Shield World, meaning any attempt at this strategy would either be foiled by ancient technology, or mean the death of any crew that was chosen for the job. This would prove an inefficient strategy as it would cost at least six Destroyer class Frigates, and thousands of lives. We have decided to adopt the strategy we use for inhabited planets; send a strike team down to eradicate them face to face. This is an extremely risky manoeuvre at the best of times. Unfortunately, this hive spans the entire shield world, meaning that we would need an entire army to ensure the success of this mission. Luckily, this organisation was commissioned by the UNSC, and as such we do have an entire army at our hands. Two in fact. The Sangheili agree that this is a problem, as they have also lost many colonies to these Aliens. As such, they are joining in our efforts. I have to go now, Relu is calling me.

Quinn out.

End Recording.

10/07/2557, 2030 hours.