Introducing Rin

Haru watched them from the doorway. His face was still flushed, but less so, and his hair was rumpled to one side, the line of a bed sheet was apparent on his face. His eyes narrowed at Makoto's crying face, and then Rin's. He looked between them a moment longer, mouth set in a grim line. "You told Rin." He stated it in a hoarse voice, not as a question, but as a fact.

"I'm sorry," Makoto stared at his fists, balled up on his knees. "He saw me give you your medicine, he already had some ideas." Haru's gaze didn't falter. "I'm sorry," Makoto repeated the phraze as though it would vaporize any resentment from Haru, as hough he was begging: please don't hate me.

"Makoto." Haru said firmly, "come with me." He held his hand out and waited.

"Haru please, I-" Makoto was obviously over-reacting and taking this the wrong way.

"Calm down, come with me." Still crying, Makoto got up and followed Haru out of the room. When Haru returned, he was alone. "He just needed some sleep." He explained, sitting down.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?" Rin barked, almost outraged, "I wouldn't have made you race me!"

Haru sighed deeply, "I didn't want you to look at me differently. Nagisa and Rei, they gave me side glances when they think I'm not looking. Makoto's parents, they check up on me whenever we're together. My homeroom teacher is always apologizing to Makoto, and giving me pitty looks, I hardly get homework anymore, while everyone else gets three essays a week." he let out a breath and drew a new one, he rarely ever spoke such long sentences, "It won't be long before I can't swim. I have AML now, things are different.

Rin's eyes grew huge. "This isn't fair." He slammed his fist into the ground.

"Life isn't fair Rin, we can't always choose."

"But why?" Rin got up, pacing back and forth. "You're perfectly healthy, how could you suddenly come down with cancer?"

A shadow passed over Haru's face. "You missed alot when you were in Australia." Rin stopped in his tracks and turned to face him.

"What do you mean?"

Haru looked away.

"Haru tell me exacly what happened, I want to hear everything." Rin's tone was desperate.

"My family has had a history of blood disorders. In middle school, I had several blood tests taken, I passed out a lot. The people at the hospital thought up several different cancers I could have, around the third year the simptoms stopped." He fidgited, "Having AML didn't come as a surprise... It was just an 'inconvinient' time."

Rin stood there, his face contorted. "I'm sorry." he dropped down, "Here you were, fighting fucking cancer, and I was worried only about improving my time." He was crying, what a surprise. "Are your parents coming home?"

Haru sputtered, and it was one of the most ungraceful things Rin had ever seen him do. "Before I was diagnosed, my parents were in an accident and passed away." He glared at the ground.

"Oh my god." A horrible feeling rose in his stomach, "I'm gonna be sick." He got up and ran to the bathroom, making it just in time. He flushed and sat there for a while, stunned, until Haru arrived with a mug and handed it to him. "I'm sorry."

Haru shook his head, "it's fine." He shifted uncomfortably. "Just... don't change the way you treat me, OK? Maybe a bit less of slamming me into things, but I don't want you to look at me differently." Rin nodded, his breathing returning to it's normal pace as he drank the tea Haru made in five seconds.

"I wanted to buy a new swimsuit today." Haru noted, "I'll let Makoto sleep, wanna go?"

"Sure."

Haru jotted a note and went upstairs to leave it by Makoto, so he wouldn't panic at not knowing where they were. They walked in silence. Haru staring at the ocean and Rin the sky. Both were deep in thought. Haru had no idea what size he needed to get, but judging by his slip-and-slide jammers, only at least two sizes under.

Rin found black legskins covered in little sharks to try on, even though he didn't need a new swimsuit. "What do you think?" He asked, lying on the ground and posing like a female model, "sexy right?"

"Not really." Haru replied, checking himself out in the mirror.

"What do you mean 'not really' I'm the hottest on the block!"

"But I'm hotter." Haru put his hands on his hips, pretending his hipbones didn't protrude more than they should have.

"Rin burst out laughing. "Yeah right, what was Makoto thinking when he asked you to be his boyfriend?"

Haru frowned, giving Rin a pointed look.

"It's a joke, stupid." The redhead deadpanned, slapping him on the shoulder without restraining any strength.

The raven stumbled forward, putting his hands out so he wouldn't collide with the mirror, and shot Rin a glare. "That's gonna leave a bruise." He observed.

"I completely forgot..." Rin face-palmed.

"Makoto will kill you." He added, slipping inside the changing room. He emerged in his normal clothes, jammers hanging over his arm, "Hurry up and change."

"Please don't tell Makoto."

"I'll think about it."

A/N: omg such a short chapter >-< I am fresh out of ideas goddamn