Goodbye

"Today's the day Everly." She whispered to herself as she lye on her bed staring at the ceiling. She sat up, got out of bed and sluggishly walked over to her dark oak wardrobe.  She tugged it open and flinched as it hit the wall. She just gazed at the clothes for a while. Her eyes flitting about looking for what to wear. Until she spotted something and quickly pulled it out, shutting the door behind her. She leisurely changed into what she had chosen and walked over to her dressing table. She had chosen a laced burgundy dress that was tied around her neck. It finished a few centre meters above her knee so she decided to wear tights with it. 

She put a tiny bit of canceler on and natural eyeshadow. She sighed once she had finished and looked in the mirror. She reached her hand out and brought out a tiny box. Inside was the small, silver rose necklace she put it round her neck and brought the rose to her lips and kissed it gently. 

"Wish me luck Rosie." She muttered moving away from the dressing table and looked around her room. Taking in everything. Every photo. Every crack in the wall. Every different colour. Every memory.

"Finnick stop tickling me!" She gasped as he tickled her sides. 

"Stop being so mean about yourself then." he demanded as he continued tickling her as she tried to wriggle out of his grip.

"Fine...Fine." She shouted as she giggled. He let go of her and collapsed onto the bed next to. She snuggled into his side and breathed in.

"Everly." She turned to see Jess there with a huge smile on her face. She nodded and Jess started to slowly walk towards her. She took Everly's hands in her own and looked into her eyes. "So me and Josh think your a huge part in our lives and we thought that it would be right to have you as our made of honour at our wedding." Everly looked at her with her mouth open and tears filled up her eyes. Jess looked panicked "It's fine if you don't want to..."

"Yes! Of course I want to." She jumped onto Jess and embraced her as tears started to fall down her face.

"Everly." Jess touched her shoulder and saw the tears that were running down her face. Everly sniffed and wiped her eyes with the back of her hand. "Your definitely going back in then."

Everly took a deep breath and nodded "I can't let Clara go back in. Not after what she's done for me." 

Jess nodded silently and bit her lip "We've got to go. It's nearly time." She went to walk out the room but Everly grabbed her arm pulling her into a tight hug.

"Promise you'll stay safe. If I die live your life and don't blame yourself for things that are out of your control." Jess didn't reply "Promise me." She shook Jess gently.

"I promise. Just...try to get out. You've done it once. You can do it again." She mumbled into Everly's shoulder.

"We all have. That's what makes it different."