IV.

Still left in awe, Sarah can’t help but keep on looking around the place. She can feel the fresh air with the smell of the fresh roses; she just can’t believe how Gerald made an open lot into a wonderful place. Suddenly, their songs are again playing. Gerald was standing next to her, holding out a bouquet of white roses and tulips. “Happy anniversary baby girl,” Gerald said with a smile. “Happy anniversary babe,” Sarah answered. “This is too much. You’ve done a lot for me. You didn’t have to do all this, but thank you” Sarah said. “You know from the start that I will do everything for you, to make you happy,” he said.

     He led her to sit down and he pulled her chair for her. He sat next to her and a waiter suddenly came out with their food. As they were eating, the music stopped and a video started to play on the projector. It showed their baby pictures, their childhood years and then their journey in their careers. Sarah’s winning moment was there as with Gerald’s runner up winning moment. Every ups and down in their careers were there…even parts of their personal lives. Then, a familiar song started to play on the video. It is now showing their journey, how it all started. Sarah was so overwhelmed, she is teary eyed. Gerald held her hand, squeezed it, his eyes just looking at her. From their professional working relationship to the blossoming of their personal romantic relationship, Gerald didn’t leave anything behind nor forgot anything. Every bit was there…first dates, every gift given, trips, and special events.

     Sarah did not even notice that she took her hand off from Gerald’s grip and touched his face. She leaned on his shoulder as they continued to watch. The video ended with an image of as if a page from a scrapbook waiting for things to be put in there. And then, the following words showed in the screen: “We’ve made a lot of memories, even before we even met. Now that we are together we continue to make more memories and moments that I have not even imagined. I want to make more special memories with you that my heart can keep forever.”

     Then, violinists came out of nowhere and started to play one of their songs. Gerald stood up and offered his hand. “Can I have this dance?” he asked.