Chapter One

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to survive in a zombie apocalypse? Would you be the weak one or the strong one?

     Would you keep your sanity or would you eventually go insane? Living in a world surviving day by day in a place worse then hell it's self.

     I'm (Y/n) Walker and this is my story!

     Thursday, November 28, 2019

     Today was the last day before the world had gone into chaos. American families were stuffing their faces into turkey, mash potatoes, and stuffing. Little did the world know that doom awaited for everyone at dusk.

     Present Time

     Today is one of the best days of the year in America! We get to give thanks for all that we have living here! At least that's what you want me to say, right?

     I mostly like Thanksgiving for the amazing food and the family members that come and celebrate with me!

     "(Y/n)!" I hear my name being called from down stairs.

     I quickly jump off my bed landing with a thud as my bare feet makes contact with the brown carpet. I run down the stairs and hop over the dog fence blocking the stairs.

     "Yeah!" I call out. I notice my mom mashing up potatoes while my dad is sitting down and reading the news paper.

     Stupid old man! You would rather read the newspaper then help your wife prepare for Thanksgiving dinner! I mean this is 2019! Nobody reads newspapers these days. I thought to myself.

     "Hey! Can you start making the green beans please?" Mom said as she wipes the sweat from her forehead.

     She is wearing a black shirt and pants with a green apron. She also has a green bandana around her head complementing her brown hair and brown eyes.

     "Of course! But why isn't dad helping you?" I ask her as I grab a pack of green beans next to the sink.

     "Your dad has been reading this silly article saying that doom is upon us and that the end of the world is near." She says nervously as she scratches her neck.

     "Do you really believe that?" I asked mom as I begin chopping the ends of the green beans.

     "What! Do you honestly think that's real? I mean it's not even possible!" Mom yells as she mashes the potatoes harder.

     I was about say something when my dad had stood up from the table. He slammed his fists down on the wooden table and looked at mom.

     Dad was wearing a white shirt and grey jeans. He had his black hair nicely styled and his blue eyes were staring right at mom.

     "Amanda! This is serious! The world is going to be in a zombie apocalypse due to a new vaccine!" He yelled at mom. My mother's name is Amanda and my dad's Charles.

     "Charles! Stop spouting non sense especially in front of (Y/n)! I don't want her believing in your allusions!" Mom had yelled.

     The room had gone silent. It had been like that for several minutes as my parents glared at each other. I just stood their watching them.

     In that time, I wondered if that was true. Was the world really going to come into an apocalypse?

    ??? POV

     There has been a big out break of the flu recently. It got so severe that several schools around the world had to be shut down and quarantined.

     Then a doctor by the name of Mike Rogers came up with a serum to cure the flu.

     No one knows what was in this serum, but they did know that it worked.

     A few days later, the patients had gotten sick and eventually turned into these zombie like creatures.

     It has happened all around the world except for America, but for unknown reasons it's now happening in America as well.

     No one knows where the doctor is, but he started this madness that turned people into mindless eating machines.

     (Y/n)'s POV

     Eventually dad had given up and sat back down reading the newspaper once again.

     It was still an awkward silence until my older brother walked into the room.

     His name is Darren and he is only a year older than me, but he acts like he is the boss of me!

     He is wearing black jeans, with a white shirt and a red and black flannel jacket on. He also wore a grey beanie with his short black hair tucked in.

     The one thing about my brother that is so cool is that he has wonderful green eyes. They definitely bring out his black hair.

     "Hey! What's with all the fighting?" He had asked my dad.

"Why even bother anymore?" My dad said then walked out of the room.

"Okay? Whatever?" As Darren just shakes it off.

Darren and I are very different people. I have a very curious mind while he doesn't. Let's say there is a cliffhanger in a book, he won't care and wait patiently till the next book comes out. Then me on the other hand would be freaking out!

***Time Skip***

The table was set with all sorts of yummy food. Turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, pumpkin pie, ect.

I tried to steal some food before the guests
arrived, but my mom watched me like a hawk. She knows I love to eat.

This Thanksgiving would be different this year. All of my other family was out of town and so my family invited some family friends.

"Ding-Dong!" I hear the doorbell ring. I rush over and hurl the door open!

Little did I know that my whole world is going to be destroyed in just one hour!

One hour was all it took to send me somewhere dark.

"Living. I wish I knew of that word. Peace. A world where their is no chaos would be a dream. Surviving. The word that keeps me going. Death. A word I know all to well."
-Charles Walker

I hope you liked today's chapter! Leave a vote, comment, and share! Till next time my survivors!
Author-Chan :)