𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

A handsome newborn baby was brought to the world. The goddess of fate quickly went to his point of view.

Her eyes flickered as she looked down at the world, at the newborn to be more specific. Her eyes glowed mischieviously as she clasped her hands together.

"Let's cast a spell on him for fun, shall we?"

      Xeno

"What are we going to do now?"

"Poor him,"

"We can't just tell him,"

"We can't leave him either,"

The 5 year old me sat in the corner as I listened to the people around me speak. I wasn't severely injured.

Just a few scratches and bruises here and there and I could deal with it.

My parents weren't just severely injured. They were dead. And I knew everyone was taking pity on me. I couldn't cry. It wasn't like I didn't want to–

I just couldn't.

A curse–that's what they would call it.

All the kids around the neighbourhood would get scared too. I never laughed. Neither have I cried. No emotions. No nothing.

Even though I knew I had one, I couldn't express them. My parents tried everything for me. Still, they loved me for who I was.

Now that they're gone, there's nothing much for me to do.

I can't even go to school. I'm too young to live on my own. And I couldn't even afford anything.

"Xeno,"

My head perks up upon hearing my name. A middle aged man stood before me.

"I'm your uncle. Don't worry, I won't hurt you," His words were calm and soothing yet his tone was sad.

He held out his hand and I took it without a thought. Helping me stand up, he pats my head before giving me a sad smile.

"Everything's gonna be alright,"

And with that, I left.